Is eminent domain imminent?

SerSo

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:16 am
A forced demolition of homes in Moscow has been drawing attention of many people throughout Russia recently. The case became known even in other countries. Below is a link to the Washington Post article on the issue.
In Russia, summer homes have become a cause célèbre

The conflict was also covered by BBC: Anger grows as Moscow village of Rechnik demolished

My search of A2K threads discovered that some years ago the eminent domain issue was already hotly discussed here in connection with the controversial ruling by the US supreme court, which stated that a "public purpose" could be expanded to include a private development.

My interest to this subject is not purely academic but very practical because my own apartment is under threat and the situation remains unresolved for years. Regardless of the differences between American, Russian or whatever legal system, does anybody know of a successful attempt to defend your home against greedy developers? Unfortunately the problem seems to be really global and equally relevant in Russia, USA, China etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,844 • Replies: 0
No top replies