@dadpad,
No picture. I admire a man of taste.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 05:39 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Eorl wrote:

I would have said "crunchy" but is moot since all peanut products have been exorcised from my house in the wake of Christmas Day's Great Anaphylactic Discovery.

Yikes! Everyone OK? That sounds, er, stressful.

oh yeah thanks soz! Our almost 3 year old figured chocolate peanuts ought to be worth a try. Being almost 3 we had stopped being careful about nuts, not having had any sign previously. So Christmas night was spent at doctor, ambulance and hospital into Boxing Day! Off to immunologist next.
jespah

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 07:15 am
@Eorl,
Golly. I'm sorry that happened. I assume things are okay now -- just more caution in your collective futures?
Eorl

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 08:05 pm
@jespah,
Thanks jespah, yeah we are going to an immunologist who plans to feed him peanuts until he stops over-reacting!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 08:25 pm
I see Australianisms creeping in.

There's Vegemite - of course.

and several references to the Granny Smith apple, from just up the road from me in Ryde. (a few years back!)

I can face peanut butter and banana sambos on the rre occasion
MadJayhawk

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:40 pm
Elvis, the real one, loved peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwiches. His cook would mix the PB, jelly and bananas together and spread the mixture on the bread.

I like crunchy PB, honey, bananas and raisins. I cut the bananas long ways. I buy honey everywhere we travel so I always have honey. Prefer Skippy but JIF is not all that different. Would like to make my own.

Honey from different areas does not taste the same. I am eating Fireweed Honey from Mt Rainer in Oregon right now. Just finished off some peach/cherry blossom honey from CO. The best honey? Orange Blossom followed by pure clover honey. I have some macadamia nut honey (from the blossoms on the macadamia nut tree) from Hawaii waiting for me too. And some honey from Australia. Honey does not spoil.
0 Replies

MadJayhawk

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 11:45 pm
@margo,
Vegemite - food for the Gods. Australian Gods. My God, does it taste terrible. They even feed the stuff to their children. Child abusers.!!! We kid our Australian friends terribly about this stuff. They laugh and are good natured about it. My advice: do not try it.
jespah

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 05:58 am
@MadJayhawk,
G'morning, MJayH and welcome to A2K.

Do tell more about macadamia nut honey -- where do you get that if you're not in Hawaii? Can it be purchased online?

PS This morning, crunchy Skippy PB with blackberry jam on oatmeal bread, nuked for 30 seconds OMG totally freakin' awesome breakfast.
MadJayhawk

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 06:55 pm
@jespah,
Try this http://www.maui-info.com/honey.html or what I have at http://www.maunaloamacadamianuts.com/macadamia_honey.htm. We bought ours at the Mauna Loa Gift shop on the big island.

You can see it here http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Mauna+Loa+Macadamia+Nut+Corporation:&sll=19.56694,-155.074335&sspn=0.44707,0.891953&ie=UTF8&hq=Mauna+Loa+Macadamia+Nut+Corporation:&hnear=&ll=19.657178,-155.008979&spn=0.013963,0.027874&t=h&z=16 Those are all macadamia nut trees around the gift shop. It is on the road from Hilo to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.

Good stuff but pricey. I hate pricey but love honey, especially unusual ones.

Good fresh Orange Blossom honey can be bought online or in Florida and Arizona (and probably in California) in February or March after the orange trees complete their bloom.

PB and blackberry jam is great, probably even better on oatmeal bread.
Seed

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 06:57 pm
@jespah,
Just had a toasted Peterpan smooth peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich on raisin cinnamon bread....

NOM NOMS
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 07:01 am
@MadJayhawk,
Gracias. Seed, honey, here's a napkin.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 03:20 am

tried something new the other day --

blackberry preserves, crunchy PB on whole wheat... and then on a whim i added fresh blueberries to the mix.

now that was some good eats...
roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 03:52 am
@Region Philbis,
Good morning, Region. After all this time, I'm sticking (seriously) with crunchy.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 11:55 am
@roger,
This is the Sunni/Shiite cultural division of the 1st World.

Death to those Crunchy heretics!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
It's always been crunchy for me!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:21 pm
I am bi when it comes to the butter of the goober.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 01:52 pm
I've just reignited my love of peanut butter and banana on toast - but THIS time it has to be smooth PB. What has happened to me?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 05:42 pm

tonight's supper...

http://i65.tinypic.com/fc7k09.jpg

chunky PB
cashews
blackberry preserves
blueberries
banana
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 05:46 pm
@Region Philbis,
I love cashews, but I'll leave them out of the sandwich. Always have almonds in the house to snack on. Since I don't drink regular milk, I'll have almond milk. Otherwise, it's a go.
roger

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thems daggum big cashews.