Navigation Questions

linmk2

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 02:38 pm
I've had my Droid for a week now and most things I've been able to figure out. However, I do have some questions about the beta Navigation program. I understand how to set up the "from", "to". By pressing the menu key and then layers, I can get a satellite map, but how do I get the actual pictures of the surroundings? Also what does "traffic" mean in the layers menu? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,282 • Replies: 3
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 03:07 pm
@linmk2,
"Street View" is only available in certain places, and can be downright DANGEROUS if you're watching the street view on your Droid instead of the road. I advise against it. It's available if a little dude appears in the bottom right corner of the navigation screen. Press him and you get street view of your route (again, if available).

"Traffic" view actually uses real-time data to show you any slowdowns and road closures ahead on your route, highlighting the route in green yellow and red. Usually helpful in urban and suburban areas... useless in my rural community. Hope this helps! Very Happy
linmk2

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 03:38 pm
@The Chief,
Thanks. I was a passenger in a car when I was playing with the Nav. Not a good idea to play with any feature on the Droid while you are driving. Thanks again.
gwhenning

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2009 01:05 am
@linmk2,
Anyone else bugged that the GPS only seems to work if you're getting directions to/from a particular destination?

I would like to put the phone in the cradle and go straight to the navigation screen like a regular gps. I can use maps, but it's too small to read comfortably.

Also, I was hoping to see a, "Show me the closest..." feature like on a Garmin Nuvi.
0 Replies