Motorola Devour - Droid's lil brother

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:45 pm
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Content/Detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12380&NewsAreaID=2

Ok, now this is interesting. This will be coming to Verizon in March. It has a 3.1" capacitive screen, MOTOBLUR ("...content is automatically delivered to the home screen and fed into easy-to-manage streams." I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds cool), a touch sensitive navigation pad, a universal inbox, and a Happenings Widget ("Happenings Widget - MOTOBLUR automatically pushes status updates, wall posts and photo updates from popular social networking sites to the Happenings Widget on the home screen. Customers can flick through the latest updates and fire back responses using the slide-out full QWERTY keyboard." Oh, so that's what it is).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,794 • Replies: 4
No top replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:52 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Oh, and this is also the "little guy" seen cozying up w/ Megan Fox in the Super Bowl commercial (which I posted in another thread) which can only mean her phone number comes pre-programmed. :cool:
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 10:44 am
@YankeeDudeL,
And the Motorola trains keeps a-rolling.

Motorola announced that the Cliq will be upgraded to 2.1, and now they're making way for the Cliq XT, or Quench as it'll be known to the rest of the world.

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12431&NewsAreaID=2

Specs include a 3.1" touchscreen, touchpad, 5MP camera with auto-focus and LED Flash, MOTOBLUR, Android 2.1, and Flash Lite.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 05:57 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
You can preorder a Devour now at Best Buy w/ a purchase of a $50 Best Buy Gift Card. You will then receive it on Feb. 25. The rest of the world will have to wait until March 16.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100216005955&newsLang=en

As stated many times, I need to get the girlie a new Android device on Verizon. She really liked the look of this, and all the features seem really great to her. It would be a definite upgrade from her LG Dare. However, it really isn't even in the same class as the Droid. She won't know the diff, but I would. Anyone else have an opinion on this device?
The Chief

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 06:21 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
The Dare is still a popular phone. Try selling hers on eBay once she gets the new device! I got some pretty good money for mine Very Happy
0 Replies