Another Way to Navigate

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 10:34 am
I don't know about you, but the Droid has a devil of a time with my street name. I have found a quicker way to get it to guide me home without debating semantics with it:

If you have a contact's physical address, you can navigate to them from Contacts. For example, in my "Home" contact I filled in my physical address. I go to Contacts, click on "home" and "view home address". Google Maps pops up and labels my destination.

I then click on the address bubble and it gives me several options, one of which is "Navigate". Hit that, and car mode starts up with the destination already programmed in!

If you have places to go and the Droid doesn't understand you when you talk to it, then consider entering them into Contacts and navigating from there.

I Hope this helps someone else out there Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,082 • Replies: 1
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 06:45 pm
@The Chief,
If you have an address at home, work or somewhere else you go often, and the Navigation Lady (I call her "D" - short for Droidette) has a lot of trouble understanding you, then this tip will be sure to help:

On your home screen, long press a blank spot and from the menu, select "Shortcut". Then select "Directions". Type in the address you want her to navigate to, and then SAVE.

Presto! On your home screen is a shortcut that will open Navigation and take you to that address with the press of a single button! No more arguing with D! Very Happy
0 Replies