Anyone have a friend with an Android phone that can share their experience with Android Market.I hope that:
- Droid may use Android Market,
- that Android Market doesn't distinguish by phone model,
- or by network/carrier,
- existing apps are compatible with Android 2.0,
- Android 2.0 lets us save apps to the SD card,
- we can freely (as in beer) re-download an app to the same phone in case of corruption/loss,
- we can transfer apps to new/replacement phone.
I have it on pretty good info that the Droid will use Android Market, and it shouldn't distinguish by model/carrier. Network?
Existing apps being compatible with 2.0 is still hotly debated, but common sense says yes.
Yes, that is the latest and greatest (supposedly) about 2.0 Eclair, that we can save/run apps from the microSD card.
Therefore, that would put the last two concerns to rest, yes we can. Heck, even with my Napoleon, I have been able to put alot of 'free' apps on it several times even after having to either re-flash it, or Master Reset.
Finally, VZW has finally 'got it'. They have unlocked the GPS chips and other things on their smartphones so that we can do a whole hell of a lot more than we could in the past. So, NO, VZW will NOT filter ANY third party apps for this device.