• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,450 • Replies: 4
No top replies

saintlewi

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 02:44 pm
@Droid Motorola,
lol...that guy made me laugh

so is it the same with a PC? just create a ringtone from any music you have on your computer, then drag it to the "droid" once connected through a USB?

my problem is...i am an idiot and have no idea how to make ringtones, lol. any advice?

(and that is not natalie imbruligia...its natasha bedinfield...hehe. im so anal)
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 03:04 pm
@saintlewi,
phonezoo.com

You can create your own ringtones by uploading from any song on your pc to the site, and from there you can pick what part of the song you want as your ringtone, and any duration you wish from 0-30 secs. You can either save it to your computer or have them text it to your phone and from there you can just save it.
iamthewinnar

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 04:02 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Get a program called Audacity with the Lamemp3 codec and you can slice up your own mp3's (I personally use protools but that is expensive Wink )
teddyearp

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:32 pm
@iamthewinnar,
Wow. It is elemental my friends. Use any 'free' application you can find to crop your favorite segment of a song, etc. to create your ringtone on your PC. You WILL need the Moto Drivers installed on your PC FIRST. Once you have the drivers installed, then plug your droid into your PC via the USB connection. Wait until your PC is done installing your driver set. Then when done, in the 'Notification' bar on your droid, drag it down and 'mount' your card. Then create in the root of your storage card, a 'media' folder with subfolders of 'notifications', 'ringtones', and 'alarms'.

Then transfer all of your custom ringtones into the ringtones folder and you're good to go. The 'notifications' folder is used when you want custom sounds for incoming texts and emails. The 'alarms' folder is used for your alarm clock should you choose to use it. I personally put all my custom stuff in both 'ringtones' and 'notifications', just for kicks. YMMV.

good luck
0 Replies