• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,169 • Replies: 26
No top replies

rtech

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 06:27 am
@Droid Motorola,
I thought I decoded the countdown at the droiddoes site and deemed it to be midnight on Oct. 30. I'm not insisting anything; that's just what I thought.
droid Harsha

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 07:05 am
@rtech,
Yeah it releasing in October 30 at 1 PM E.S.T
BigTroy

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 01:09 pm
@droid Harsha,
I spent some time figuring out the countdown on the Droid website and came up with November 7th.

Don't know where everyone is getting October 30th from. I mean, I hope i'm wrong because I want it asap but I don't see how people are getting that date.
Droid Motorola

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 05:49 pm
@BigTroy,
We're predicting the official verizon annoucement will be the 30th.
warrentotheg

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 05:47 am
@Droid Motorola,
I know the exact date of the release! It's not soon enough. Smile
BucYouUp68

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 07:49 am
@warrentotheg,
http://www.devicemag.com/2009/10/22/motorola-droid-release-date-on-verizon-set-for-next-week/
droiddoes

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 11:57 am
@BucYouUp68,
http://phandroid.com/2009/10/21/verizon-having-motorola-droid-event-october-28th/

http://phandroid.com/2009/10/20/motorola-droid-announcement-date-changed-oct-28th/

http://phandroid.com/2009/10/18/verizon-launching-motorola-droid-november-6th/

Announcement at droid even October 28th. That is what the countdown is going down to.

The code was decoded as counting down till midnight of the 28th

A release date of November 6th was leaked in a google search.

link 1 droid event

link 2 countdown decoder

link 3 leaked release date in google search
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 02:43 am
@droiddoes,
Doesn't really matter to me. If this phone is everything it's supposed to be, then I'll probably buy one for the woman for Christmas. Meaning I wont get one till then, either. At least I'll know what's up about it, by then.
celticmedicineman

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:51 am
@YankeeDudeL,
All i want is asap...im sick of sprint. And between waiting for this and MW2 on 11/10/09 im goin crazy
teddyearp

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 06:18 pm
@celticmedicineman,
Yeah, buddy. We're all anxious for this phone. Droidoes pretty much has it down from what I know as well. There was also a full page ad in the San Diego Tribune the other day with a date of November 6, 2009.

Also, there's a rumor that those who signed up at droidoes.com might get the early warning as well. We can hope. Lastly, last nite I had to call VZW CS for something else and at the end where they always ask if there's "anything else I can do for you", I coyly said, only if you can sell me a Motorola A855. Well she said no, but admitted she's heard alot of that lately. I'll keep checking me e-mail and the VZW site, will you? lol.
iamthewinnar

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 06:27 pm
@teddyearp,
I was in a Verizon store today, one of the reps there mentioned they'd heard it was coming out next month (November)
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 06:31 pm
@Droid Motorola,
The Droiddoes.com website is counting down! Just hours to go!
The Chief

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 06:53 pm
@Droid Motorola,
The countdown is going all zeroes fast! The Droid is almost here!!!
0 Replies

teddyearp

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 06:53 pm
@The Chief,
So much excitement, and speculation of the release date! When I first was given a 'countdown' by a source of mine last month, it made me believe Oct 30. Which was confirmed at first by the cryptic countdown @ droiddoes.com. Then that got changed to Oct 28. There is an invite only press release scheduled for tommorrow, Oct 28 11:30 EDT, check the net for any kind of feeds. Some still say that there will not be a pre-release tommorrow, but I'll be checking just in case, how about you? Otherwise, I still kind of think Oct 30, as that is a good source I got the info from.

Oh, yeah, here's the direct link to keep checking (and it also works after you log into your MyVZW, though it shows the "selection unavailable at this time" message):

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=5069

Have fun!
The Chief

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 06:59 pm
@teddyearp,
We know the phone's release date is November 6, but something big is gonna happen at midnight tonight. What the droiddoes.com website will reveal is anyone's guess right now, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

After dealing with all the pay-through-the-nose apps VZW has been limiting the Dare to, a catalog of 10,000+ apps (many of them free) is just mind-numbing to me. I guess the only way to access the full catalog is on the phone, unless someone has a link to it online.

Anyway, I hope you all share my excitement that something cool is about to go down Very Happy
Droid Motorola

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:27 pm
@The Chief,
Hey Chief

I got a inside tip r2d2 is going to make a guest appearance and announce the droid and more android goodies to come :eek:. Verizon will expand coverage to outerspace so they can cover 200000 times as much coverage as att.

No im kidding but that would be funny.
0 Replies

tpriddy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:28 pm
@teddyearp,
How'd you get that?
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:28 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;199 wrote:

Anyway, I hope you all share my excitement that something cool is about to go down Very Happy

I can't even think of words to describe how excited I am... November 6 seems so far away.... I hope it's the 30th Smile
The Chief

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 02:34 pm
@iamthewinnar,
I called my local VZW store to verify their hours tomorrow and they are opening an hour earlier than previously planned. So double check your store and get in line! Just hours to go! Very Happy