Summit Brewing Co - Horizon Red Ale

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 09:17 pm
Summit Brewing Company of St. Paul, Minnesota brews the Horizon Red Ale.

I'm finishing the last beer of a six pack of Horizon Red Ale and I thought I'd write a review of the beer. This is considered a 'hoppy' beer and it does have a bit of a bite. This is my first time reviewing a beer or even tasting a 'craft' beer, so I'm not really sure what to say.

But I like it. After I get some experience with other craft beers I'll give it another try. This has a much more interesting taste than some of the 'normal' beers I'm used to drinking (Budweiser, Heineken, Miller, etc), however this might just be because I'm drinking the beer purposefully, as opposed to just hanging out and having a few watching the game, but it does seem more flavorful.

Anyone else try it, or other Summit beers? Or any other suggestions for someone who is new to these craft/micro beers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,564 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 11:42 pm
@maporsche,
I got really into this craft beer thing for awhile. It was all we would buy. I set out to find out the beer I like the best and I came full circle to lagers or Mexican lagers. It got to be to expensive to and some of the beers were just to stong or bitter and I found myself talking myself into beleiving I liked them and finnally said "to hell with this" and bought a six pack Coors bottle.

But to this day I still enjoy a good craft beer because of this time I spent drinking them and I don't regret it......just not the really strong tasting ones.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 12:50 am
@maporsche,
We had a pretty good beer thread going for awhile
http://able2know.org/topic/41263-29
Glad you're posting about favorite beers. I'll have to look for Summit
maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 07:10 am
@panzade,
I'm going to try to get a new type of beer every week, until I find some that I really enjoy. Thanks for that thread; I'll check it out tonight after work.
0 Replies