Please save my sanity!!

yoogi

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 09:03 pm
Is it cloud?
I dont know how big/ high buzzards can go. But I think if they can go near / over the clouds,
then cloud is laid low by buzzards

Hatched by sun (heated by sun and pours down as rain)

and spoke one word(thunder) and never spoke again.

I also cant confirm the answer, but this is closer to thunder.

But it is surtprising to see people who were fighting to defend wrong ? (sorry - to be fair, I think the other two answers are actually not wrong )

-

yoogi

PS:
This is my first post, and I registered to post this message.
0 Replies

sweetypete

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:17 pm
yoogi wrote:
I dont know how big/ high buzzards can go. But I think if they can go near / over the clouds,
then cloud is laid low by buzzards

Hatched by sun (heated by sun and pours down as rain)

and spoke one word(thunder) and never spoke again.

I also cant confirm the answer, but this is closer to thunder.

But it is surtprising to see people who were fighting to defend wrong ? (sorry - to be fair, I think the other two answers are actually not wrong )

-

yoogi

PS:
This is my first post, and I registered to post this message.
Sorry it took me so long to reply, but my computer was down for several months and I just got it back. Thanks for your great guess, though. I asked my boss if that was the right answer, and he said no but it is very close. Any more suggestions? Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:01 pm
Kev,

You're wasting your time with this troll. If you like, spend some time locating his personality type here:

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html
0 Replies

seancarlin

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 05:48 pm
paddyp- better get back here/you know who
0 Replies

seancarlin

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 05:56 pm
as they say here , not the full shilling
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 07:30 am
Sweetypete,

The answer is a clap of thunder.

Laid by a buzzard and hatched by the Sun is an old saying which means of unknown origin.

A thunderclap can seem to come out of nowhere. It has no mother or father and it's first word is its last.

P.S. Thunder is wrong it can rumble on and on, a thunderclap is a one off.
0 Replies

sweetypete

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 12:01 pm
Don1 wrote:
Sweetypete,

The answer is a clap of thunder.

Laid by a buzzard and hatched by the Sun is an old saying which means of unknown origin.

A thunderclap can seem to come out of nowhere. It has no mother or father and it's first word is its last.

P.S. Thunder is wrong it can rumble on and on, a thunderclap is a one off.

So sorry for not replying, but I never got the email that I had a message. I've corrected the problem, so it shouldn't happen again.

Once again, I went to my boss with this answer, and he said "close, but not quite it."

If you're not all totally fed up with this one, feel free to try again. I really appreciate all your help. :wink:
0 Replies

White Lotus

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 06:15 pm
Another possible answer?
Hello everyone! Someone posted this riddle on another site I frequent, I attempted an answer ... and then Googled to find out if there was a solution somewhere, which brought me here.

More intuitive than logical, the first thing that popped into my head when I read it was "nuclear bomb", the one dropped on Hiroshima. I then ran a search on Enola Gay (the name of the plane that dropped it) and found references to B29 bombers being called birds, and one of "the buzzard squadron". If that's true, there may be a case?

<edited to add: I've just noticed it was Don1 who posted the thread on the other site so if I'm wrong, no doubt he will bring you better answers! Very Happy >
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 06:49 pm
I've read that "laid by a buzzard, hatched by the sun" is an American Indian notion, but I have no idea what tribe--or even what continent.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 09:05 pm
This is about as you're gonna get. http://www.earthlife.net/birds/flight.html
0 Replies

sweetypete

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 09:29 pm
Re: Another possible answer?
White Lotus wrote:
Hello everyone! Someone posted this riddle on another site I frequent, I attempted an answer ... and then Googled to find out if there was a solution somewhere, which brought me here.

More intuitive than logical, the first thing that popped into my head when I read it was "nuclear bomb", the one dropped on Hiroshima. I then ran a search on Enola Gay (the name of the plane that dropped it) and found references to B29 bombers being called birds, and one of "the buzzard squadron". If that's true, there may be a case?

<edited to add: I've just noticed it was Don1 who posted the thread on the other site so if I'm wrong, no doubt he will bring you better answers! Very Happy >

This is a very interesting guess. I'll try to ask my boss about it tomorrow. Thanks!
0 Replies

sweetypete

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 09:30 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
This is about as you're gonna get. http://www.earthlife.net/birds/flight.html

What am I supposed to be looking for here? Confused
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 11:15 pm
sweet, There is no answer to this riddle. Try "thunder" as suggested here. http://www.braingle.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3490&highlight=laid+buzzard+hatched+sun
0 Replies

White Lotus

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:46 am
Re: Another possible answer?
sweetypete wrote:
This is a very interesting guess. I'll try to ask my boss about it tomorrow. Thanks!

Did you, and did it elicit any more hints or clues?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 05:22 pm
Re: Please save my sanity!!
sweetypete wrote:
Here's a riddle that I've been trying to solve for several months. Does anyone know the answer?

I was laid by the buzzard
Hatched by the sun (son?)
Mother and Father I had none.
I spoke my first word
And never spoke again.
Who (or what) am I?

A thunderstorm -- particularly one that boils up into a large cloud in the afternoon sun???
0 Replies