NSFW (view)
Ionus

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 10:22 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Can I get a little sympathy now, please? I was a stone-cold VICTIM, I tellya!
I will sing Kumbaya and hold hands with myself, then ceremonially burn a band aid, and THAT from an Agnostic...from the Christians, they will simply tell you to burn in hell . Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 05:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's interesting to watch Frank post is guesses as being the right interpretation for everything he posts. What makes it more fun is his opinion that he's always right! LOL

Try reading and editing your comments before you post, ci...then perhaps you might post one that makes sense and sound as though it had not been written by someone who flunked out of school before finishing grade five.
Frank Apisa

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 05:52 am
@layman,
I'll do a Kumbaya with Ionus for ya, Bro.

It's obvious she was looking for trouble and you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:15 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
In your opinion, what definition of the term "god" should I use?

May i suggest the American Heritage Dictionary?
ossobuco

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 12:56 pm
@Olivier5,
I just looked it up there, thanks for the nudge. Temps me to keep that dictionary, as I recently put it in my giveaway book pile in my effort to deaccession my loads of stuff.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 02:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, How did you know that I almost flunked high school? That's an amazing perception on your part, but you're still a flunkie "know it all!"

Prologue: I worked 88% of my working career in management positions.
I was promoted to Audit Manager for Florsheim Shoe Company after working as their field auditor for 3.5 years. Worked in management positions for the rest of my working career.

Pretty good accomplishment for someone who did poorly in high school - if I say so myself~! Mr. Green
layman

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 06:43 pm
Given the circumstances, I told them to come on in. Those three Jehovah's Witness Babes were all sitting there on my crusty-ass couch, and I was sitting across from them.

After a spell, I said: "Well, suppose I join up with your outfit....what's in it for me? The fat one, in the middle, asked: "What do you want?"

I went over into the corner and got one of the half-full bucket of water that I use to collect water coming in through the roof, and I sat it in front of them. Then I said: "Well, y'all can start by dropping your false teeth into this bucket."

Those haughty bitches gave me a look like I was some kind of pervert, or something, ya know? Then they left.

Hypocrites! Where's the charity, I ask ya? Well, I have to admit that at least they weren't all hypocrites. About a half an hour later the fat one came back, alone.

But, still.....
cicerone imposter

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 08:10 pm
@layman,
They just didn't want to be baptized.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 02:06 am
From American Atheists:

Quote:
Do other minorities allow the majority to define their character, views, and opinions? No, they do not. So why does everyone expect atheists to lie down and accept the definition placed upon them by the world’s theists? Atheists will define themselves....

Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

http://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

Well, there ya have it then, eh? Atheism, as traditionally defined, does NOT exist--or if it does, it is NOT atheism.

What has traditionally been called agnosticism is atheism, that's all. And "agnosticism" no longer exists either.

"Minorities" have a special dispensation to re-write all dictionaries to suit their tastes (agenda), or so they seem to think.

I wonder when the gay community will announce that homosexuality does not exist--only "love."
layman

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 02:16 am
@layman,
I guess a whole lot of card-carrying atheists are gunna have to drop out of their club. They are NOT atheists, according to American Atheists. Maybe they can invent a new name for themselves, like, maybe "the truly enlightened ones." ya know?

On a person note I have recently received an invitation to join a new type of IQ society. Me! Layman! Can you believe it!?

It's call DENSA.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 05:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
A few months ago you called me a "know it all"...like you did just now. And you mentioned that I consider myself never to be wrong.

I posted six examples of me acknowledging instances of me being wrong...and challenged you to produce even one.

You couldn't...although within days you posted a half-hearted one, so that if I ever challenged you again, you'd be able to produce that one.

I'll produce six more...and defy you to produce two from more than three months ago.

You are a phony, ci. You regularly call other people stupid, ignorant, and illogical...yet you still write and reason like someone who never completed fifth grade.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 05:30 am
@layman,
Quote:
Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

Yeah, sure. That's what they say.

But then you get genius atheists like ci...who writes stuff like:

Quote:
Nobody has to tell me atheism is not religion. Atheists believe there is no god or gods. Do you own a dictionary? How about logic? Do you understand "do not believe" as a religion? You're dumber than I thought.

http://able2know.org/topic/141106-609#post-5916393

And like you said...he's not even able to see how absurdly self-contradicting his post is . And then he calls someone else "dumb."
Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 05:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Another quote from the resident atheist self-made genius.

Quote:
It makes me a realist that I believe there are no gods.

http://able2know.org/topic/141106-540#post-5751461
izzythepush

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 05:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Having problems sleeping Frank?
Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 05:48 am
@izzythepush,
Actually, yeah. Gotta pee two or three times each night...and wake up to relieve in the toilet rather than stay asleep and use the bed.

But it is almost 8:00 here...and since I work on a golf course, my usual waking hour is about 4:30 in the AM. No work today...I slept in.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 12:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
And like you said...he's not even able to see how absurdly self-contradicting his post is

I hate to "pile on," but I agree, Frank. On several occasions I have noticed CI making flat assertions of things which made no sense in relation to topics about which he is obviously poorly informed.

Of course he's not alone, there.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 03:04 pm
@layman,
Quote:
"Minorities" have a special dispensation to re-write all dictionaries to suit their tastes (agenda), or so they seem to think.

When you break it down, the word "history" comes out (kinda) as "his story." Hence some feminists have insisted that the word be changed to "herstory."

Heh.
Thomas

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 03:44 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
In your opinion, what definition of the term "god" should I use?

May i suggest the American Heritage Dictionary?

American Heritage dictionary, definitions 1--3, work for me. Basically, if it's supernatural, I don't believe in it, whether it's a god or the tooth fairy or a ghost.
maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 06:55 pm
@Thomas,
If you believe in human rights, you believe in something supernatural.