Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Oct, 2014 01:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

You have yet to answer my one and only question.

I have answered several of your questions, Blue.

Time for you to answer mine.

I am still waiting...and laughing at the fact that you know there is no disputing that the comment absolutely must be a blind guess...but that you do not have the common sense and decency to simply acknowledge that.

Wink

InfraBlue

Tue 7 Oct, 2014 01:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The only questions you've answered were the ones establishing that I was quoting you directly, not the question I asked about what I quoted from you.
Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Oct, 2014 01:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

The only questions you've answered were the ones establishing that I was quoting you directly, not the question I asked about what I quoted from you.

I have answered several of your questions, Blue.

Time for you to answer mine.

Just give an example of any way that the comment "There are no gods in REALITY?"...can be anything but a blind guess.

Or simply acknowledge that of course, "There are no gods"...IS A BLIND GUESS.

It is, by the way. There is no alternative. The comment IS A BLIND GUESS.

Boy, am I enjoying this! Wink
hingehead

Tue 7 Oct, 2014 02:30 pm
More on Bayesian decision theory in a most entertaining ted talk on why we have brains and are effectively Bayesian inference engines

http://t.co/b3nTLMbaTZ
InfraBlue

Tue 7 Oct, 2014 02:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
There's a skip in the record.
Frank Apisa

Tue 7 Oct, 2014 02:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

There's a skip in the record.

When you decide to answer...or to acknowledge the obvious...

...I'll be here.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 7 Oct, 2014 06:41 pm
@hingehead,
Good one. Fresco would like the focus on bodily functions.
0 Replies

Herald

Wed 8 Oct, 2014 10:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Yeah, they actually are. Every last one of them is a blind guess.
     The very fact that you are mentally unable to see the interpretations of the phenomenology does not necessarily mean that they are 'blind guesses'. You don't know what color you will have when you mix black & white, but are talking frivolously about 'blind guesses'. As you are such a great visionary, why don't you explain to us what are the guesses underlying the Big Bang and the Evolution 'theories'. You are resenting from the Church, but you are not to far away from their considerations.
     You don't believe in the Big Bang and Evolution, but you believe in Money and Power from where automatically follows that you cannot stop confirming and reconfirming those two 'theories' in compliance with your personal beliefs.
Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Oct, 2014 04:45 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Yeah, they actually are. Every last one of them is a blind guess.
     The very fact that you are mentally unable to see the interpretations of the phenomenology does not necessarily mean that they are 'blind guesses'. You don't know what color you will have when you mix black & white, but are talking frivolously about 'blind guesses'. As you are such a great visionary, why don't you explain to us what are the guesses underlying the Big Bang and the Evolution 'theories'. You are resenting from the Church, but you are not to far away from their considerations.
     You don't believe in the Big Bang and Evolution, but you believe in Money and Power from where automatically follows that you cannot stop confirming and reconfirming those two 'theories' in compliance with your personal beliefs.

I do not have any "beliefs."

I do make guesses...but when I do, I call them guesses; I do make estimates...but when I do, I call them estimates.

I have no idea of what the remainder of your screed was about, but if you actually want to ask me a question, I will be happy to answer it to the best of my ability.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 9 Oct, 2014 05:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do not have any "beliefs."

LOL, Really? No believes at all???

I just know you are mistaken here!

Everyone has thousands of beliefs! conscious and unconscious ones!

MWal

Thu 9 Oct, 2014 10:37 am
@Quehoniaomath,
If he didnt believe he wouldn't speak or he's and ignoramus.
0 Replies

Wilso

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:31 pm
The Atheist atrocities fallacy.

http://michaelsherlockauthor.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/the-atheist-atrocities-fallacy-hitler-stalin-pol-pot-in-memory-of-christopher-hitchens/
Olivier5

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:18 am
@Wilso,
Atheists are angels. They never did anything wrong...
Thomas

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:21 am
@Olivier5,
Strawman much?
Olivier5

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:22 am
@Thomas,
Caricature, rather.
Olivier5

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:40 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Here then, the central premise of Hitchens’ argument is worthy of reiteration. Had Stalin inherited a purely rational secular edifice, one established upon the ethos espoused by the likes of Lucretius, Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Einstein and other free thinking and rational secularists, then the apologist’s argument would hold slightly more weight, but such wasn’t the case. Stalin merely tore the existing religious labels off the Christian Inquisition, the enforcement of Christian orthodoxy, the Crusades, the praising of the priesthood, messianism, and Edenic ideas of a terrestrial religious-styled utopia, and re-branded them with the red of communism. Had this Christian machine not been in place, then it is more than likely Stalin wouldn’t have had the vehicle he needed to succeed in causing so much suffering in the name of his godless religion, Communism.

(From the article posted by Wilso)

Someone needs to mention Marx, Engel and Lenin to this guy...
Lustig Andrei

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:04 am
@Olivier5,
For once I agree with you. That quote is so silly it's funny. So Stalin used the Inquisition as a model for his atheistic politically-oriented purges?! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Drunk
Olivier5

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:41 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm an atheist but honestly, I am appalled at what passes for intelligent atheist discourse on A2K. Such hateful stupidity is shooting atheists in our collective foot. No wonder the idea is not making much progress in the US, if that's the kind of argument they use.

Just like feminists should avoid projecting an image of hating men, atheists should be careful not to project a hateful or dismissive attitude to believers. I doesn't help in any way, just make atheists look similar to the very stuff they hate in religion: intolerance, obscurantism... My 2 cents anyway.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:44 am
@Olivier5,
I doubt very much belief in a religion/gods or atheism has anything to do with intelligence.
MWal

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Belief is the ancestor of knowledge, the ancestor of intelligence.