Olivier5

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 06:57 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Ok...
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:04 am
@Olivier5,
of course not! Einstein was extremely stupid!
One Eyed Mind

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:06 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Man I wish calling people stupid and leaving it at that gave me the knowledge I have now, life would be so easy then.
cicerone imposter

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:45 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Your 'knowledge' is the epitome of stupid and ignorance.

Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:49 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
I'm not sure how truth can be determined by guesses and human inability to determine reality.

For the record, I was just trying to show to Frank that he uses very bizarre, unworkable logic. He wants you to believe that nothing can be known by nobody...

No, I do not. I defy you to find a quote with me saying that.

I understand why you make stuff up...and then argue against what you make up. You have no case otherwise.

Quote:
And yet that in itself is a form of knowledge. How do you know for a fact that other people cannot know anything for a fact?

I would argue against anyone suggesting that they KNOW that other people cannot know anything for a fact.

You really ought to stop making crap up. But of course, that would mean developing some ethics.

Quote:

Frank was of course right that Atheists are not gods.

I have NEVER said that atheists are not gods. I have never taken a position on whether or not atheists are gods or not. Where does that come from?

You really ought to stop making crap up. But of course, that would mean developing some ethics.

Quote:

But he cannot prove it under his own logic.

Why would I attempt to prove something that you made up???

Quote:
That's how weak his thinking is. And the reason is: he can't 'believe', and thus he can't even make the simplest and safest assumptions.

Nothing wrong with my thinking...but a great deal wrong with you ability to comprehend...and to be honest about a person actually says.

Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:05 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Again, you’re asserting that all beliefs about gods and reality are blind guesses, but you haven’t explained the reasoning behind your assertion. I.e., why are they blind guesses if they too have a value of estimation and calculation?

Actually...I DIDN'T.

I was very specific in what I said.

Quote what I actually said...and then question me on what I actually said...rather than making stuff up; pretending I said it; and then questioning me on the stuff you made up.

You said, "my point to Setanta was that 'beliefs' about the existence or non-existence of gods in REALITY are blind guesses."

You didn't make exceptions to this assertion as far as I can see.

InfraBlue...I missed this earlier...and found it almost by accident just now while looking something else up.

Here is what I wrote originally:

Quote:
My arguments are not inconsistent, incoherent...and are not offensive to reasoned argument.

If you have to get into that kind of nonsense, please do it with someone else.

My point to Setanta was that "beliefs" about the existence or non-existence of gods in REALITY are blind guesses. "Beliefs" in who is going to win the World Series or Super Bowl are also guesses, but they are guesses that at least have a value of estimation or calculation involved.

If a person says, "There are no gods involved in the REALITY of existence"...that person is making a blind guess.

If a person says, "There IS a GOD involved in the REALITY of existence"...that person is making a blind guess.

If a person says, "The Seattle Seahawks will win the Super Bowl next February"...that person is making a guess, but most likely is making a guess based on a hell of a lot more information than either of the other two. It becomes an estimation or a calculation rather than a blind guess.

If you see that reasoning as inconsistent, incoherent, and offensive to reasoned argument...then there is something wrong with YOUR ability to understand reason and reasonable argument.

Please point out the exact item you have issue with...and we can discuss it.
One Eyed Mind

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Notice how you never explained "how", or "why".
cicerone imposter

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:28 am
@One Eyed Mind,
I have already explained that the "how and why" is provided by 99% of your posts. Look at all of your opinions and my response to them. I provide credible sources for my challenge against your "ignorant" claims.

You're the one who never provides credible sources for your opinions.

Where did you study Economics?
One Eyed Mind

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
They are not credible sources.

I do not make claims - I make explanations.

You see, I am the one who has this Universe figured out. You don't even have basic science terminology figured out.
cicerone imposter

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:50 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You,
Quote:
I do not make claims - I make explanations.

WOW! The best contradiction in one sentence on a2k. LMAO
One Eyed Mind

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
And why is that? The explanation is already in the absurdity of your response. I don't have to explain why a kid is making up stories about a dog eating their homework when the stupidity speaks for itself. That's still an explanation and I don't mind doing it myself when it comes to the point that you just cannot see it for yourself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 11:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
Actually he's trying to make up for having no friends. Not made much else, apart from a fool of himself.

(May I congratulate you on your wonderful head of hair?)
One Eyed Mind

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 12:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes, because every isolated person is breaking down the entire Universe' matrix, yep. All these isolated geniuses just sitting in the dark wanking off to cheese puffs, listening to goodbye horses and breaking down the Universe...

Totally.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 12:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you for your recognition of my "wonderful head of hair," but I can admit that it is thinning. Mr. Green
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 12:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You’re asserting that all beliefs about gods in reality are blind guesses, but you haven’t explained the reasoning behind your assertion. I.e., why are they blind guesses if they too have a value of estimation and calculation?
Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 12:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

You’re asserting that all beliefs about gods in reality are blind guesses, but you haven’t explained the reasoning behind your assertion. I.e., why are they blind guesses if they too have a value of estimation and calculation?

Go to my post up above...point out the exact item you are talking about...and we will discuss it using my words for what I said rather than your characterization of what I said.
InfraBlue

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 01:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Go to my post up above...point out the exact item you are talking about...and we will discuss it using my words for what I said rather than your characterization of what I said.

I quoted you directly.
Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 01:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

I quoted you directly.

You did not.

Cut and paste...do not add words and do not characterize.

Use my words...and tell me what you see as being wrong with what I have said.

InfraBlue

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 01:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Geez.

You said, "'beliefs' about the existence or non-existence of gods in REALITY are blind guesses," yes?

Immediately thereafter you also said, "'Beliefs' in who is going to win the World Series or Super Bowl are also guesses, but they are guesses that at least have a value of estimation or calculation involved," right?

I’m pointing out that you’re asserting that beliefs about gods in reality are blind guesses, but you haven’t explained the reasoning behind your assertion.
My question is, why are beliefs about gods in reality blind guesses if they too have a value of estimation and calculation?
Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Oct, 2014 01:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Geez.

You said, "'beliefs' about the existence or non-existence of gods in REALITY are blind guesses," yes?

Yes..."beliefs" about the existence or non-existence of gods in REALITY ARE blind guesses.

Very definitely.

They are BLIND GUESSES being called "beliefs."

Quote:
Immediately thereafter you also said, "'Beliefs' in who is going to win the World Series or Super Bowl are also guesses, but they are guesses that at least have a value of estimation or calculation involved," right?

That is correct.

Quote:
I’m pointing out that you’re asserting that beliefs about gods in reality are blind guesses, but you haven’t explained the reasoning behind your assertion.

How can anyone possibly say "There are NO GODS INVOLVED IN REALITY"...and have it be anything but a blind guess, Blue?

Tell me...explain to me why you are suggesting that "There are no gods involved in REALITY" can be anything BUT A BLIND GUESS...and is therefore something that needs reasoning to be explained.

Anything but a blind guess.

Tell me, Blue.

Then we will move on.

Quote:

My question is, why are beliefs about gods in reality blind guesses if they too have a value of estimation and calculation?

Answer the question above...and we will work from there to answer this question you posed here.

Explain to me how the assertion, "There are no gods involved in REALITY" can be anything BUT A BLIND GUESS.