Kanye was right. Taylor Swift is an untalented, undeserving clown

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 10:54 am
What the **** is wrong with the people at the Grammys? Four awards to the most mediocre piece of **** in the music industry? Album of the year!? When she was up there accepting her award at the end of the night, all I could think was, Kanye, can't you get up there and do something about this? Like maybe beat her to death with her own Grammy right there in front of everyone?

I felt bad for her when he interrupted her speech last year at the VMA awards or whatever it was. The problem is that now, because of that, she wins EVERYTHING! What kind of bullshit is that? She sucks! We should have listened to Kanye and let this nothing of a performer fade into oblivion. But no, because Kanye is such a dick, everyone overcompensates and now showers an untalented hack with accolades and awards.

Kanye was RIGHT!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 28 • Views: 16,249 • Replies: 97

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 10:58 am
Don't hold back Kick, you'll do yourself an injury . . . tell us how you really feel . . .
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

@kickycan,
Agreed

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

@kickycan,
I'm in no position to know but my daughter -- who's demographically supposed to be a Taylor fan -- cannot STAND her.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:02 am
@kickycan,
Re: Kanye, a question, though -- is Beyonce so much better? (My daughter doesn't like her either. Yes, she's picky.)
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:04 am
the grammy's have nothing to do with music, most of the music industry and music radio stations have nothing to do with music, it's all about marketing and product placement

opie and anthony were goofing on kesha and that tick tock song, one of the callers mentioned how much she sounded like stalker patti, a show regular, so they take this 52 year old starbucks worker, who can sing to a certain extent, but has an annoying new york accent, have her run through the song a couple of times and then set to wok with the autotune (please somebody destroy all the machines and their blueprints) and here's the result

0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:29 am
@kickycan,
Quote:
What the **** is wrong with the people at the Grammys?

Where would you like me to start?

Never mind. Deej already said it best:

Quote:
the grammy's have nothing to do with music, most of the music industry and music radio stations have nothing to do with music, it's all about marketing and product placement
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:31 am
@kickycan,
I asked my ten year old daughter about this. Taylor Swift rules! Kickycan drools!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:39 am
@sozobe,
I would say that Beyonce is better 10x in performance. I realize these people don't come up with their own coreography and all that stuff, but her performances are worlds better, more entertaining. Granted, I don't let my daughters do the dances she does or anything that comes close to looking like them, but I give her where she's do, and for performers, you've gotta have some oopmh in your stage presence. Beyonce absolutely does.

I would also give her voice. She really does sound good outside the studio, unlike so so so many others. That is assuming that the a capella performance I once heard from her really was a capella. I can only assume that it was - it was a very long time ago and when she first started out with her girl group.

Her acting stinks like 10 dozen dead fish though...
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:44 am
@kickycan,
My sister said she's "Gangely and sings like an old door with icky words"
Last year it was "Taylor swift is awesome"
I guess she's not not cutting it anymore.
Either that, or my sisters listened to the lyrics...
Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:58 am
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:
Like maybe beat her to death with her own Grammy right there in front of everyone?

Well, that at least would make the Grammys worth watching.
Letty

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:59 am
@kickycan,
just listened to Taylor Swift. She's comme ci comme ca. Don't like Beyonce at all and neither does Etta James.

Onyxelle. Welcome back.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:06 pm
@kickycan,
Kanye was right, but Swift had the overall best selling album by a fair margin. I've heard it and I have no complaints. Kanye was right in that Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video is an international sensation. To pass that over for a competent but unexceptional performance from Swift was ridiculous. But for best album, Swift has the numbers on her side.
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:08 pm
@engineer,
For best selling album . . . which i believe is a point others have been making--that this isn't about talent, it's about promotion and making money . . .
Seed

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:13 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

kickycan wrote:
Like maybe beat her to death with her own Grammy right there in front of everyone?

THIS TIMES 10

I generally stay away from any all award shows as they don't really portray the populace vote.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:14 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

kickycan wrote:

Even without a bludgeoning death, at least this part of the show was worth a look.

I'd love to see Taylor Swift try THAT. She couldn't even sing on-key when she was standing stationary behind the microphone during her "performance."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:15 pm
@onyxelle,
Hello Onyxelle! Long time no see... how ya doing?

Yeah, my kid liked "Single Ladies" -- didn't love it, but thought it was catchy and understood why it was popular. (By contrast, she really gets annoyed at TS.) She didn't like Beyonce's song/performance last night though.

Thanks for your take!

I saw the Pink thing -- kept thinking about how unhappy the people getting splattered by her must be...
engineer

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 12:15 pm
@Setanta,
It's probably some of promotion and money, but Swift's sounds are pure pop - catchy tunes, easy lyrics. The woman can tell a simple story in three versus and drill a chorus into your head that you will be humming two hours later. The "best" part in best album can mean a lot of things. People vote by purchasing albums. Should Avatar get nominated for best picture? Of course not, but you can't ignore the sales numbers, so it will get a nomination.
onyxelle

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 01:05 pm
@sozobe,
What's up Soz?!?!? I'm okie dokes. You?
roger

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 02:33 pm
@onyxelle,
Good to see ya again - however long you decide to stay.
0 Replies