hawkeye10

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 11:48 pm
Quote:
Avatar star Sam Worthington is all set to go blue again and has signed for the sequel of James Cameron's [ Images ] CGI blockbuster.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the 33-year-old actor will get digitised again as paraplegic marine Jake Sully for the 1.3 billion dollar grossing film.

In fact, writer-director Cameron has revealed that he's had plans for a sequel even before the flick was released December 18.

'I've had a story line in mind from the start -- there are even scenes in Avatar that I kept in because they lead to the sequel,' Us magazine quoted Cameron, as saying.

'It just makes sense to think of it as a two-or-three-film arc, in terms of the business plan. The [computer generated] plants and trees and creatures and the musculoskeletal rigging of the main characters -- that all takes an enormous amount of time to create. It''d be a waste not to use it again,' added the Titanic [ Images ] director.

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/jan/15/avatar-sequel-in-the-works.htm
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 12:07 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
December 22, 2009 | 5:02 pm
"Avatar" has already piled up $285 million in worldwide grosses and, of course, in our "what's next?" culture that means people are already peppering writer-director James Cameron with questions about a sequel. On the film's opening night, the Hero Complex and The Envelope hosted a screening of the film and I got a chance to interview Cameron, producer Jon Landau and stars Sigourney Weaver and Sam Worthington on stage and, of course, I asked about the follow-up possibilities for the film. I made a point to mention that Pandora wasn't the only moon shown orbiting the distant Polyphemus and the filmmaker acknowledged that his story ideas for the "Avatar" universe aren't boxed in by Pandora.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/12/james-cameron-talks-avatar-sequel-.html

Very cool interview BTW
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 12:15 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Cameron made clear that the next film won't be a prequel, recounting previous backstory, but will begin after the events of the initial movie. "We'll follow Jake and Neytiri," he confirmed.

In fact, Cameron intends to follow the couple for another two films. "I have a trilogy-scaled arc of story right now, but I haven't really put any serious work into writing a script," he said

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1628605/story.jhtml
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 12:56 am
TheNa'vi absorb and assimmilate some of the culture left after the humans leave. humans sneak back and plant avatars in deep cover within the population Greedy and powr hungry leaders egged on by the sleepers make claims to and protect for themselves, variouse parts of the planet believing that their way is the best way. They begin to lose their connection to the land ably assisted by avatrs planted by rouge human elements.
In a last desparate attempt to save the planet and Na'vi Awa gives her only beggoten daughter (Weaver) to the world. she is born to a lowly na'vi couple (Neytiri and jake) in rudimentary circumstances. when jake realises his daughter is Weaver It causes him to go a bit loopy, he withdraws to the forest for 40 days and 40 nights of introspection. awa set him straight by talking to him when a small bush on a mountaintop catches fire.
Weaver is undestandably disconcerted when her father begins to mill lumber from the leftover pieces of the destroyed world tree.
In one final desperate attempt to save pandora Awa causes a worldwide flood.
Weaver, her parents Neytiri and jake sail off in a giant ship made from the wood of the now destroyed worl tree taking with them all the creatures of the pandoran jungle.

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 01:03 am
@dadpad,
Wow! That sounds vaguely familiar! Wink
dadpad

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 01:06 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Wow! That sounds vaguely familiar! Wink

How can that be. I just made it up.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 09:16 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:
Bums on seats would be interesting.

I don't think Cameron makes that kind of movie.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 09:23 am
A great disaster befalls the planet and human religious leaders claim that the locals made a pact with the devil to free them. Religious zealots, spurred on by politicians, decide to invade the planet to bring Christianity to their impoverished lives. They gain a foothold in one group that then begins killing homosexuals.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 09:38 am
How about ... now that the supercomputer type planet has absorbed a scientist and a soldier, it starts to put two and two together. Three years later the humans come back only to discover that the planet is growing biotoxins to better fight the humans. Reeds are growing into semiconductors and all the locals routinely plug in to get planet net updates. Facing a Borg like entity ready to launch into space, the humans go to war to protect the universe.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 06:48 am
Ten years later, we get a sequel. I am sooooo not looking forward to this seizure inducing snooze fest.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 07:50 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Ten years later, we get a sequel. I am sooooo not looking forward to this seizure inducing snooze fest.

You really shouldn't go and see it then. Why the hate? Are you being forced to go?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 07:54 am
@McGentrix,
AT least half a $ billion of the studios money will be shoveled into this manure pile and away from actual (possible) good content. Movies are my sports. Do you criticize people who harp on opposing teams and players when they yapping about sports they obsess over?

I'm just ranting about movies (if you hadn't figured out ... is my joie de vivre).
McGentrix

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 07:56 am
@tsarstepan,
I enjoyed Dances with Na'vi very much and I look forward to seeing the next iteration.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 08:10 am
@McGentrix,
They're guaranteed to be a spectacle, that's for certain.
0 Replies