Does the Bible contain any true information?

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:42 pm
Consider the lack of education of its writers.
Consider the lack of a qualified coroner during the time of his crucifixion.
Consider wether people designated as prophets of the time might have been clinically insane.(ie Moses. Jesus, what a egomaniacle NUTCASE, right?)
I dunno, I'm not an atheist, but I love to talk about christianity's crazy ideas...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 11,296 • Replies: 110

Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:02 pm
@jesusBastard,
You expected an answer in 17 minutes?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:12 pm
@jesusBastard,
You could look at the religion category here. Many threads, many posts.
http://able2know.org/tag/religion/

People don't just automatically respond every few minutes.
0 Replies

jesusBastard

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:19 pm
Naw, I wasnt timing anyone, just speculating.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 04:04 am
@jesusBastard,
Yes, without doubt, it does. It would be a spectacular achievement for it to contain none.
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:52 am
@Eorl,
In fact it would take an act of god to produce a book without any true information.

Now a god with a sense of humor might do such a thing but the one fact we know for sure is that the monster that is the bible god does not have a sense of humor.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 09:31 am
@jesusBastard,
Sure, there's probably a few little bits of fairly accurate historic information in the Bible. But those bits are probably hard to separate from the tall tales.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 11:11 am
@BillRM,
You're wrong as usual, Bill. But I don't have the time right this minute to give you the books, chapters and verses that have made me not only smile but chuckle. Maybe later today if I have nothing better to do.
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 11:12 am
@jesusBastard,
Quote:
Does the Bible contain any true information?

What other kind of information is there?
djjd62

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 11:19 am
@Merry Andrew,
i know what you mean, god was the original punk'd

he got those wacky jews to spend all that time in the desert for no pay off, and then when he almost had abraham kill his own kid, priceless humour
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 11:39 am
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
chapters and verses that have made me not only smile but chuckle. Maybe later today if I have nothing better to do.

Yes the humor is throughout the bible as when Mores order his army against their will to kill all the people in a conquestor nation including male babies in their mother arms except for the young virgin women. Or when he got down from the mountain with the 10 commandments including the one concerning not killing and then orders his personal followers/guards to kill on a wholesale basic until their arms got tired of doing so.

Oh let not forget the belly laugh of Lot offering his two daughters up to a mob for rape and then god consisting him the only good man in the doom cities worth saving.

Or god on a bet with the devil destroying Job family to see if he would remain loyal to this asshole of a god.

Yes we have a real laugh a minute god here.
Francis

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 11:57 am
@BillRM,
Andy is right that the bible can be a good laugh plenty of times:

- God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17

- God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 12:15 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Yes, my friend Andrew we are all waiting for the great humor found in a book written by sociopaths for the enjoyment of sociopaths.

The new testament was clean up a little bit so it does not turn the stomach so often by offering the kind loving son to this old testament god that human kind can deal with instead of the evil old man directly.

Even there you get flashes of the evil god as when Jesus attacked and whiped the money changers out of his father house even those they was offering a needed service in converting Roman coins into coins that the priests was willing/able to accept.

Strange and evil god with no sense of humor that I can see.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:32 pm
I've sat here and thought, and thought, and would have to say: I don't think there is any true information found there, but there are a zillion clues that could assist us in finding truth for our own self.
Francis

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 02:38 pm
@Pemerson,
As in many better books..
Pemerson

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 04:13 pm
@Francis,
Right! They don't even have to be read in any particular order.
0 Replies

jesusBastard

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 04:30 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Ask the government. or our school system. I've called information before and gotten wrong information. the verb INFORM implies teaching to some degree, but not all that we are informed of is true.
Eorl

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 04:38 pm
@jesusBastard,
Ain't it boring when the Christians won't come to the collosseum? All us lions just sitting around ....
mesquite

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 06:10 pm
@Eorl,
One could starve.
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/6963/mongeravphp3dq.gif