which beer is the best in the world?

Buttermilk

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 08:57 am
I lost a bet at work so after work I have to drink half of a bottle of Everclear...

tsarstepan

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 09:23 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

I lost a bet at work so after work I have to drink half of a bottle of Everclear...

Are you bucking for a Darwin Award?! What bit of foolishness would make you agree to that kind of terms for a bet?!
panzade

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 09:35 am
@Buttermilk,
Let us know how that turns out
tsarstepan

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 11:55 am
Today's word of the day:
Quote:
Show Beer
When you show up with a 12-pack of cheap beer so you're not empty handed. Then you drink the good beer provided by the host and everyone else.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Show%20Beer&defid=7796083
panzade

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 12:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
I like it!
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 01:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
I've actually pounded Everclear before, relax. I have a high tolerance, besides I at first bluffed. If you must know I had bet the U.S team would beat Portugal.
Buttermilk

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 01:52 pm
@panzade,
Yup in four more hours pst.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 01:52 pm
@Buttermilk,
.... and you possibly have an award-winning, impervious liver.

I'd use that to strip varnish off of floors (either in 151 or 190 proof forms).
Buttermilk

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 01:56 pm
@Ragman,
Not like I drink like this everyday, besides my common sense makes me impervious to having cirrhosis of the liver.
Ragman

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 02:02 pm
@Buttermilk,
No judgment intended from my end here.

My limited experience with hi-test spirits came from a few times with Bacardi 151 proof (torpedo juice) and also some Mexican tequila, the good stuff. Back when I celebrated my 50th birthday, one or two thimbles-full was quite enough to remind me about why I don't drink hard liquor on the hi-test side of things.
Ragman

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 02:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Show beer! I love it.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Mon 23 Jun, 2014 02:13 pm
@Ragman,
I agree. I mostly stick to beers like "flat tires" Blue Moons, even budweiser. I rarely drink hard liquor, and usually when I do bets like this I usually stay away from alcohol for a good 3-4 weeks.
0 Replies

jack88

Tue 8 Jul, 2014 12:51 am
Barons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg2RGVRK8Fg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:37 pm
Sea Dog Apricot: I can smell a faint trail of apricot as well as near subliminally taste the fruit. Pleasant beer t drink.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 12:23 am
@mismi,
Hotel Chocolat's beer looked and tasted like a stout with a bitter chocolate aftertaste. It reminded me a bit of Mackesons.
0 Replies

panzade

Sun 20 Jul, 2014 08:37 am
Tried one Friday night at a gig. Mighty tasty. Anyone get me up to speed on Hefeweizen?
I think the Hooch refers to the Chattahoochee river in Georgia.
Quote:
Kicking off July 4 and running through Labor Day, SweetWater’s Save Our Water campaign encourages patrons to “give of your liver to save the river” by enjoying SweetWater’s seasonal Waterkeeper® Hefeweizen ale, purchasing campaign t-shirts, and making paper fish donations at participating restaurants, bars and retail accounts where the beer is sold across the Southeast. Additionally, patrons can visit waterkeeperbrew.org to donate online, or purchase a custom Save Our Water pint glass at SweetWater’s weekly brewery tours.

In 2011 SweetWater launched Waterkeeper® Hefeweizen, a beer with a cause, helping to spread the campaign’s crusade right on the beer label. Now, as part of their seasonal Catch & Release line-up, the unfiltered brew made its return to shelves and draft taps earlier this June.

http://epidemikcoalition.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sweetwater_waterkeeper.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 26 Jul, 2014 03:27 pm
Just tried Barrier IPA. Alright I guess. Not too bitter but don't plan on buying it anytime soon.
iamsam82

Wed 30 Jul, 2014 08:17 am
@tsarstepan,
Lager = Heineken or Grolsch

Ale (best kind of beer) = Greene King IPA, anything by Shepherd Neame brewery, Ruddles, London Pride
0 Replies

panzade

Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:24 am
Can an American brewery win over European beer drinkers?
Stone Brewing Company, America’s 10th largest (and perhaps most “Arrogant”) craft brewer, has just inked a deal to build and operate a brewery and beer garden in Berlin, Germany. This makes them the first American craft brewer to own and operate a facility in Europe.

Whattyall think of that?
izzythepush

Wed 30 Jul, 2014 11:47 am
@panzade,
Proof of the pudding and all that, time will tell.

Budweiser sells, admittedly they spend a ton on advertising, but they still sell.