boiler dosing calculations

owm81

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 06:45 am
could you help me how to calculate the chemical dosing for boilers and cooling towers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 10,640 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 07:36 am
Use the chemical manufactures reccomendations for boiler and cooling tower treatments. Volume and type of chemical will vary depending on your system size and the chemical analysis of your make up water. Your chosen chemical supplier will be best placed to test and advise on your requirements.
In some cases they may have data for your particular area on hand already.

Quote:
Boiler treatments.

The hardness of your fresh water will impact how much chemical is required and how often you need to "blowdown". The "blown-out" water is replaced with fresh makeup water, which dilutes boiler solids. A Combination of blowdown with chemical treatment is the accepted way to control solids.
Daily blowdown is reccomended.

Quote:
cooling towers

When someone becomes ill from an unsafe cooling tower it most often is not the result of a company's blatant negligence; rather, it's typically the result of a company not having a clear understanding of the need for their water treatment program to be in alignment with an effective debris management and cooling tower maintenance program.

ie cooling towers need to be cleaned periodically even when dosage is correct.

When organic debris such as leaves, insects, pollen, grass, birds and their droppings, etc. get into the water and decompose, this material along with the relatively warm temperatures of the water create a nutrient rich environment for bacterial growth including Legionella. It's important to recognize that if the volume of decomposing debris exceeds the chemical dosage's ability to provide control, the cooling tower will silently grow dangerous even while chemical dosing continues.

Remeber that initial dosing will be at a much higher application rate because of the volume of water to be treated and again after each periodic cleaning.

Google boiler chemical and or cooling tower chemicals along with your location. there is a wealth of material available.
0 Replies

owm81

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 04:09 pm
@owm81,
first of all i'd like to thank about these valuble info.
ok , but there is excell sheet for dosing calculations either for boilers or the other systems ex; cooling towers,R.O, Chillers ,etc.
I searched for this sheet , but i didn't find
if you have this one plz, provide me by this one .

Thanks
0 Replies

srinivasan

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 02:07 am
@owm81,
how to calculate amount of hydrazine dose in boiler
srinivasan

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 02:37 am
@srinivasan,
how to calculate hydrazine dosing in 15 mw afbc boiler with steam flow 62 m3
0 Replies