Fox News are their forums promoting hate speech?

RexRed

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 10:36 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/22/extending-federal-benefits-sex-couples-cost-m-cbo-says/?test=latestnews#discussion-form

Click on the "leave a comment" button then click newest comments... Don't bother to leave a comment if you are pro homosexual marriage. They only leave the hate speech homosexual comments and a few gay marriage comments to make it seem fair.

This is what I wrote fox news back when they omitted two of my comments and my comments were toned down compared to how I can get sometimes.

I wrote this after two of my comments were not appearing there:
Where the heck is my post? I posted right at around 6:15 PM 12/27/09

While...

hankmacaw said:
Queers are really queer.

Comment: Well homophobes are really homophobes which shows they are simply insecure with who they are that they have to insult others to feel better about their loser selves.

mejfa said:
twilley---- It's just that QU33RS are a sub-human species and rate no consideration for anything other than making good targets!!!

Comment: Targets for what... hate crimes? So much for Christian love... conservative love is hate then?

truthsets1free said:
"Equality"????? TAXPAYER funded benefits to sodomites? What other perverted group will be in line for benefits next?

Comment: A man and a woman can be sodomites too, that is if you believe the evil bible.

While I also said that gays have been paying taxes to support heterosexual marriage which is subsidized by our taxes also... and that there was no reason why gays should be without equal rights.

Then I wrote: Do I need to report this hateful thread's comments to Obama and see if Fox News can be fined BIG TIME for promoting hate speech? While falsely claiming to be fair and balanced and not letting other points of view be heard? You are falsely advertising this fair and balanced fable and you should be brought up for charges on it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,897 • Replies: 33
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 10:57 pm
Oh and...
mikebenton wrote:

Marriage and the benefits that attach are for the children and the stability of the traditional family. It should not apply to what gays do. Why do "gays" call themselves some special name...why not just "room mates",who just happen to play with each other's privates. How does doing that rate special treatment from room mates who don't fondle each other?

If I had been "fairly" allowed to comment/discuss/debate I would have written: As if heterosexuals never play with each other's privates unless they are planning to procreate... yes, and I'm the tooth fairy.

And the "fair and balanced" Fox News found these ridiculous hate filled posts worthy to let them be published? Yet they cut mine which I simply called the Bible evil and stated that gays pay taxes which have supported heterosexual marriage for years. I suppose if my post had been let stand their entire right wing slanted article would have imploded in upon itself in utter failure for what it was intended to do. Which is to spread unfounded fear in the hearts of their constituents. Like they did in Maine to scare Mainers away from allowing marriage equality there.

The conservative talking points do not stand up to scrutiny and the conservatives know it and they are too afraid to allow others to shoot down their ridiculous homophobe arguments.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:46 pm
YAY! Fox News has graced us with the inimical words of another homophobe... (cynical)

retrograde just wrote:
I for one do NOT want my taxes being used to help these perverts who can move to anti christian Europe if they want to co habit.

My comment: Well perhaps gays don't want their taxes being used to support homophobes? You can move your sleazy self to the melting polar ice caps with all the other conservative anti-earth polluters. After all, you care so much about your children's future while you protest capping carbon emissions...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:58 pm
I just posted my rebuttal to retrograde's tripe and I am sure it will not show up in "Fix the News" unfair and off balanced forums either...

"They report few decide..."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 11:43 pm
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/liberal-fcc-talk-radion/2010/06/02/id/360849?s=al&promo_code=A007-1
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:41 pm
After reading the hateful comments on the fox news forums I decided to post this discussion and it got no attention, ANOTHER ZERO RATING... Now it is found that I was right! These fox news forums are now being "investigated..." THUS the voting system here on a2k is clicky and untrustworthy. One only needs to look at the most popular thread of the day here to realize how the a2k clicks and voters skew the issues that really matter.

One might think the liberals might care if a news service is spewing out hate every day. I guess not! A2kers in general only care about their clicks and the politics and the real issues are blown over by the self important arrogant "persons". So the hate has continued for the last few months since I started this thread, unchecked... shall I list the treads thought POPULAR and news worthy on a2k while this thread was pushed aside? Choosing between cat litter products and lawn and garden tips rated 24...

Sometimes I love this forum but sometimes many of the users here are so self absorbed and arrogant that you make out better here being a clown than a serious thinker. It has been that ways since these same idiots were spamming my threads on abuzz. Over that long of a time it gets old...

A2k needs some new blood... the long time jerks who think they are the only people who know anything are trashing up this forum with their politics rather than taking a cold hard look at the discussion. The same ten to twenty votes every morning on threads I have no interest to even look at once.

I dare anyone to challenge this and maybe I will go back and post some of the redicuouls threads that a2kers find worthy of their clicky collective unscrupulous vote.

Apparently a2kers don't care if hate is being spewed unbridled and without conscience. The general lack of TRUE humanity on this forum is evident.

I can't account for all people on this forum God only knows how many people had to vote me down to counter and bring my total to zero...

If I were to write the same hate directed toward a2k that was directed toward gays on the fox news forum I bet the shoe would be put on the other foot. a2k has lost real credibility to me. Yes there are some really nice people on this forum but the rest are simply arrogant idiots.

This forum needs a power shift and the arrogant regulars need to have their own tables turned on them. Perhaps if the comments on fox news had been anti Semitic, racist, sexist or anti abortion I might and gotten at least one vote... But to hell with the pride of gays (cynical)...

I was ahead of the oil spill with my "trash in the sea" discussion, I was ahead of this investigation of fox news forums by a couple months!

If I were to level these hateful remarks toward a2k would people reconsider their rating my thread down to zero... Do you think that my case might be made relevant then?

Why do I even bother...
gungasnake

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:48 pm
If you're gonna ban hateful speech, then what about STUPID speech? You gonna require all demoKKKrats to walk around with duck tape over their mouths??
RexRed

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 04:57 pm
@gungasnake,
Yes ban hateful speech... The N word is not allowed on these forums why allow people to call gays perverts and such! Why aren't these comments bleeped out with asterisks? And who are the white supremacists today? The anti mexican repugs now with their guns, religion and border fence...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 08:26 pm
@RexRed,
Why would you ever go over to the Fox News forums in the first place?
RexRed

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
That is the 64 dollar question Smile (lol)
engineer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:27 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

These fox news forums are now being "investigated..."

Got a link to that? I couldn't find anything.
djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:35 am
@Butrflynet,
amen
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:40 am
@RexRed,
the other problem with his thread is you mixed up the words (and made a
punctuation mistake)

Fox News are their forums promoting hate speech?

this should read

Fox News their forums are promoting hate speech.

i mean really what more do you need to say

by the by, so are the lib news forums, it might come as a surprise, but fans of one political party generally hate the fans of the other, and the stances they take
0 Replies

A Lyn Fei

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:52 am
There is an obvious problem with all of the hate speech that occurs in the FOX media about gay people, yes. But, what can anyone do about it that is not being done? Surely I can write on this liberal thread that I support gay marriage because it is sincere lack of benevolence and utter lack of intelligence to deny homosexuals any rights that heterosexuals have. Surely, I would be the first to voice my opinion in the presence of anyone with a different opinion, but it is in law that this country errs. FOX may print whatever they'd like. They are an opinutainment network, and therefore do not have to give real news stories to the public. How do we go about ridding the masses of ignorance when all they do is fear what is different?

Reading all of the former posts to this thread made me ill. Quite frankly, I didn't realize that this hate existed to such an extent. Thank you for the information.
A Lyn Fei

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:08 am
Sorry for the double post, but I had to point out also that books by FOX correspondents are brilliantly worded. I tried to find a link to this, but at Borders there was a book by one of the higher ups at FOX which stated on the cover that all Americans are sheep. This is how I feel, as well. Funny how one side says one thing, and the other side says the opposite. However, I will say that Glenn Beck dressing up as though he were a Soviet communist on the cover of his book which states that Americans are idiots (how patriotic...) is also brilliant as it is targeted at the exact audience he is talking about. Furthermore, the conservative book, Obama Zombies, points out on the cover that Obama used mainstream ideals to brainwash people of, well, my age to vote for him. This is the same principle that the writer uses to make people of my age buy his book. Zombies are a fad, same as equal rights for women. I mean, that's not a fad, is it? According to this author, it must be, because that is what Obama promised me. Oh, and health care reform. And excellent handling of foreign affairs. And economic stabilization. And a centrist way of looking at environmental reform. Have I been brainwashed by liberal propaganda simply because now, when I read the news, I am proud of my President?
And, by the by, liberal forums and posts such as mine are biased by information and moral judgment, not fear. This new Texas curriculum which teaches that the UN is a threat to American values shows clearly that the information has to be twisted in order for educated people to be pushed away from the liberal left.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/21/national/main6506099.shtml
RexRed

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 11:19 am
@engineer,
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/liberal-fcc-talk-radion/2010/06/02/id/360849?s=al&promo_code=A007-1

This I copied from one of my earlier posts in this thread.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 11:29 am
@A Lyn Fei,
Quote:
There is an obvious problem with all of the hate speech that occurs in the FOX media about gay people, yes. But, what can anyone do about it that is not being done?
Why should anything be done? Hate is a naturally occurring human response...humans both love AND hate. Who are these people who are demanding that people behave in inhuman ways and why are they so cruel?
RexRed

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:28 pm
@A Lyn Fei,
Yes I think Obama is doing a fine job in office. I am proud of our president. I was brainwashed by Fox news during the election but after the election I finally woke up from the hate.

I wish I had voted for Obama... This will be a regret I will carry for a long time. I feel that only good deeds toward the libs (I guess all truly good people) will fix my karma now.

Once I saw the republicans under the guise of Catholicism strike down the equal marriage law in Maine, using the American flag and veterans of wars to represent their religious hate, and masquerading as if they were the government and not simply another religious church... it was over for me and my affiliation with the republican party. I was a staunch republican too, but never ever again.

It sickens me to hear republicans call this nation a christian nation... I would be equally sickened it it were called an Islamic, Jewish, Buddhist or any other nation terrorized by these religious sects with horrendous track records of murder and inquisition.

Religion today is our greatest enemy and the most divisive corrosive element known to a free society. America should be a magnet for those of the world wishing and dreaming of throwing off the shackles of organized religious terrorism.

The moment religious dogma becomes rule of law we then are lowered to the level of a totalitarian Nazism...

The Jesus of the bible claims he will make us free, yet the Jesus of religion today is reinterpreted by fundamental conservatives and transformed into nothing more than a holy war monger. These strict fundamentalist have turned the name Jesus into a mantra for this cause of shoving the cross down everyone's throats. The mixture of Roman hostility with Christianity is not what the Christian writers expected to come of their efforts.

Jesus said he came to turn children against their parents... It is time that these religions collectively fail and fall to the side for a loose form of liberal cultural tolerance and unity instead. Time to bury the cross and and these hateful books of "chosen people", "aliens" and "infidel" division, social inequality and strife for a better more harmonious way. We need to as a collective whole resurrect and fly high the flag of modern consciousness spurred on by the the age of science and reason.

I have lived with Jesus as the center piece of my own religious fervor for many years. Yet the way Jesus has been transformed into this mascot of right wing hate makes me seriously consider becoming a Buddhist though I have already adopted agnosticism. I have considered also Judaism and Islam but they all adhere to the same old testament fables and as time goes on in my life the OT has become a book of imaginations and not factual "truth".

So what if the stories though not factual teach a moral... I learn more from a story like that of Matthew Shepherd and it is actually true. Matthew Shepherd is the champion of my own ethical imperative. I feel it is more relevant today than even Jesus... Suffer the little children. If people would learn tolerance and acceptance toward gays then I feel they will find harmony with most other facets of their lives.

(recently in the news) Gays can't donate blood? Well I am nearly 50 years old, disease free and gay and I am not offering my blood if it is not wanted. As if there is not a much greater number of heterosexual prostitutes and intravenous drug users...

Buddhists with their seeming lack of an actual "god" does fit better into the cult of zero thing anyway. Perhaps we are not ascending toward arrogance and our own paradise but descending humbly toward meekness, humility and selflessness.

Zero hate.
Possibly unrelated, just venting, sorry.
RexRed

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Why should we let "religious" bullying, intimidation and hate rule the discourse? These are the same reasons why Muslims fear speaking up against their cleric/Imam captors and oppressors...

These religious zealots of the major religions are on a mission from God and won't be deterred easily.

The appeasement of the left for this high minded religiosity will be our undoing.

Words like decorum and etiquette were added to the dictionary for a purpose.

Yet these are thrown out the window by the religious zealots as they rationalize away their duty to society and the world.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:12 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Why should we let "religious" bullying, intimidation and hate rule the discourse?
We should not,but neither should we criminalize the expression of hate, neither should we expect that we can live out lives devoid of contact with hate. We should seek a balance, though it does not surprise me that we have not yet wised up from our fundamentalist "zero tolerance" stance. Americans historically are prone to pine after the unrealistic, the unobtainable.

BTW, I am in the battle of ideas school, I don't buy the argument that controlling speech is ever but in the very rare case (yelling fire in a crowded theater) a good idea. If you let others shout you down that is your own fault...own up to it and do something about it.