76

Chest pain when eating rice.

paulwjsmith

1  
Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 02:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
Same here. Used to be mild but now i am afraid to eat rice again. 😕 I love the stuff but just cant swallow it any more. Last time was at Manchu wok and tried to wash it down with orange pop...lol...i was like a human volcano. Went back to the table to try again thinking it was gone but just got worse...back to the bathroom running...human volcano.

1  
Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 03:23 pm
@paulwjsmith,
None of my family or friends had that problem. As an Asian, unable to eat rice is like no apple pie for many. As a matter of fact, my wife and I were at a bakery yesterday where they had apple turnovers; ate a bunch in my younger days. Plan to go back there soon.

Alan1991

2  
Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 05:53 pm
@susief,
I had the same problem in my whole childhood. The fact that I am chinese doesn't help. I think it because rice absorb water in our stomach that cause heartburn. I tried cooking rice with more water and it helps. Also try eating congee and you wont have the same problem. Or try short grain rice, they are easier to digest.

Let me know if it helps.

1  
Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 05:55 pm
@Alan1991,
Used to room with two Chinese college students when I lived in Sacramento, and they always made congee. We had it with Chinese sausage.
Alan1991

1  
Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 05:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Haha, nice I miss congee.
ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 06:06 pm
@Alan1991,
and I miss chinese sausage, here known as a general term as cheong, and I get that sausages vary there as much as they do re american sausages where I've lived. One of my favorite restaurant meals was a soup made with crisp tofu stuffed with cheong with a good broth.

This is a thread diversion, re the matter of eating rice.
So, back to congee....

vishal1

1  
Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 05:55 am
No problem with anything else

mceconferences

1  
Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 01:01 pm
@engineer,
go to any specialist doctor and check up your chest...

1  
Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 01:02 pm
@paulwjsmith,
You need to be checked out for rice allergy.