Brittany Murphy: RIP

djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:08 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/Brittany_Murphy.jpg/399px-Brittany_Murphy.jpg

Brittany Murphy (November 10, 1977 " December 20, 2009) is an American actress and recording artist. She has starred in films such as Just Married, Clueless, Girl, Interrupted, 8 Mile, Sin City, The Dead Girl, Uptown Girls, Riding in Cars with Boys and Spun. Murphy died December 20, 2009, of cardiac arrest.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 3,038 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:12 pm
@djjd62,
Wow, 32 is just too young to die!

Cardiac arrest at that age?????
djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:14 pm
@Reyn,
yes, hopefully an unseen medical condition and not another senseless pill death
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:17 pm
um.

what?

are you serious?
djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:20 pm
@shewolfnm,
apparently
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:28 pm
I am a real weirdo.
But i put this on my facebook page.
this is just. .. not RIGHT for some reason.

I dont know who she is, I do remember the face but what is really creeping me out is that I am only one year older then she is. Yes. Completely selfish thinking but .. there it is.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:30 pm
I'm old enough to be her father (in theory)! I met Brittany briefly a couple of years ago. She was very sweet. RIP indeed!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:42 pm
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
Actress Brittany Murphy dies at 32 of heart attack: report
BY MEREDITH KOLODNER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 2:26 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/12/20/2009-12-20_actress_brittany_murphy_dies_at_32_of_heart_attack_report.html
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:44 pm
@djjd62,
She wasn't necessary the strongest actress but she had her blond moment charms that could beguile the viewer. What a shame she died so young.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 01:47 pm
I love her movies. Wondering if this has to do with an eating disorder, seem to remember that she suffered from that but not sure.

EDIT : ya, that is correct, and I have not seen her working recently....so that is the probable cause.
aidan

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 02:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
I really liked her - an intelligent and beautiful face - so sad to hear this - I think I also remember that she was mother to a very young son.

really, really sad
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 02:40 pm
my fav role was in "girl interrupted"....fav movie was "clueless". I never knew why I liked her on screen so much, but she was compellingly charming.
aidan

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 02:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes she was - so, so sad.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 03:25 pm
I'm stunned.
She was so adorable in the movie "Clueless" with Alicia Silverstone. This is very sad.
Seed

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 04:10 pm
Died in the shower from what I read. I would hate to die like that. I have a feeling that I will go on the toilet or something. One last way for the world to get a gib in on me and embarrass the hell out of me.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 04:21 pm
@eoe,
I am becoming convinced that as a rule gifted artists all have a dark side that they feed on. Murphy was gifted in the same way the Monroe was gifted, and she looks to have had an eating disorder and she was said to have a drug problem and she did just a few weeks ago get fired off of a major movie. The dark side got her.
Seed

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 04:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
where did you see that she got fired hawk?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 08:48 pm
@Seed,
Quote:

Brittany Murphy has gone on the defensive since it was announced that she was fired from her new movie filming in Puerto Rico and replaced by Twilight's Rachel Lefevre.

Murphy was reportedly thrown off the set for her difficult behavior. Then her husband Simon Monjack was said to be getting into fights with the locals.

But her rep came to the wacktress' defense stating:

“The allegations currently circulating on the internet about Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack read like a fictional plot from one of the 50 plus movies Ms. Murphy has successfully completed without incident.

She was not nor has she ever been fired from any job big or small. Mr. Monjack did not engage in any alleged scuffles. Though due to creative differences Ms. Murphy and the production mutually parted ways."

We're so sure it was due to "creative differences." And as for parting "mutually", that's hard considering that Murphy allegedly had plans to "sabotage" the film.

Her rep had a response for that allegation as well:

“As far as wanting to allegedly 'sabotage this project', to the contrary Ms. Murphy wished this production nothing but the best.

Puerto Rico gave Ms. Murphy a brief insight into its wonderful culture and warm people. Ms. Murphy would like to take this opportunity to thank the public for their continued support.”

Well, we'd like to take this opportunity to say we still think those two are a couple of nutjobs!

Read More: Perez Hilton: She's Probably Lying! Brittany Murphy Denies Being Fired http://perezhilton.com/2009-12-01-shes-probably-lying-brittany-murphy-denies-being-fired#ixzz0aHtnw0T6
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 09:41 pm
@eoe,
She was wonderful in her 13 seasons of voice acting for the animated television series King of the Hill .
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 06:36 pm
@Seed,
Seed wrote:

Died in the shower from what I read. I would hate to die like that. I have a feeling that I will go on the toilet or something. One last way for the world to get a gib in on me and embarrass the hell out of me.

Hey, that's how Elvis died.
0 Replies