oralloy

Fri 1 May, 2015 04:12 am

Innocence Network Conference 2015 in Orlando
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD4BXtoWEAAtoWz.jpg:large
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 16 May, 2015 10:00 pm

Innocence Project event in New York City:
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CE2zsFoUgAA7BKG.jpg:largehttp://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11264193_104866293180822_75592755_n.jpg

Afterwards at a karaoke bar:

Apparently the song is by a band called The Cranberries, the song is called Zombie, and it is a protest song against violence in Northern Ireland.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 17 May, 2015 05:21 am
Looks like she's having a good time!!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 17 May, 2015 05:24 am
@oralloy,
IzzythePOOP belongs on everybody's ignore list.
oralloy

Sun 17 May, 2015 04:03 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
IzzythePOOP belongs on everybody's ignore list.

I have a policy of reading all messages in any Amanda Knox thread because if someone posts a horrible lie I don't want to let it go unchallenged.

Perhaps I should reconsider that policy now since there is no longer any danger to Amanda and Raffalele, and since my opponents in this thread have never shown the slightest interest in talking about evidence (even to lie about it).

About the only time in this entire 99 pages that there was a single mention of facts or evidence was a few pages back when that creep ossobuco posted a link to an article packed with horrible lies and said that she agreed with it, and instead of responding to her I responded to what was written in the article that she linked.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 23 Jun, 2015 02:55 am

Just a brief heads up:

Cassation's motivation report is required to be released to the public by the end of the day (Italy time) Thursday, June 25.
Krumple

Wed 24 Jun, 2015 02:41 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I have some bias but not an actual opinion, which is appropriate, given my distance from the scene. I don't trust Knox and I don't trust the prosecutor, for varied reasons, but of course, I don't know them.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/AmandaKnox/amanda-knoxs-family-judge-eye/story?id=9255726

I always find it strange when a parent simply can not accept the conclusion that their son or daughter did something bad. How much denial do you have to bury your head into to carry it out? I can understand loyalty and care but to completely dismiss the evidence baffles me. In fact I think this very thing is what creates children who do shitty things. Because the parent never wants to accept that their child is a shitty person. So they don't take steps to correct their behavior before they reach adulthood and wonder why they find themselves in a courtroom attempting to defend them.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Krumple

Thu 25 Jun, 2015 02:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Don't you worry about Karma catching up with you? Trying to justify the lynching of an innocent person racks up some serious negative points in the Karma department.

Just look at what Karma has done to the dead whore's family. Do you really want to share in that disaster?

I wasn't trying to justify any lynching so what are you talking about? I was talking about how her dad is in denial that his daughter did anything bad.
oralloy

Thu 25 Jun, 2015 02:36 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
I was talking about how her dad is in denial that his daughter did anything bad.

And by doing so, you are falsely accusing her of having done something bad.

Krumple wrote:
I wasn't trying to justify any lynching so what are you talking about?

If your false accusation is not being made in solidarity with all the other false accusations, then for what purpose are you falsely accusing innocent people of wrongdoing?
Krumple

Thu 25 Jun, 2015 03:14 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Krumple wrote:
I was talking about how her dad is in denial that his daughter did anything bad.

And by doing so, you are falsely accusing her of having done something bad.

Krumple wrote:
I wasn't trying to justify any lynching so what are you talking about?

If your false accusation is not being made in solidarity with all the other false accusations, then for what purpose are you falsely accusing innocent people of wrongdoing?

You seem to be so certain that she is innocent. Couldn't I say the same thing to you that by claiming she is innocent when she may not be is just as bad? If she was guilty yet you continue to claim that she is innocent, would be just as bad. But I guess only YOU are right, everyone else is wrong.
oralloy

Thu 25 Jun, 2015 01:35 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Just a brief heads up:
Cassation's motivation report is required to be released to the public by the end of the day (Italy time) Thursday, June 25.

9:35 PM in Rome. They sure are cutting things close.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 08:29 am
@oralloy,
The 52-page legal motivazioni was published today by the court of cassation in Rome.
wandeljw

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 08:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Italy’s Highest Court Explains Decision to Clear Amanda Knox
(By ELISABETTA POVOLEDO, The New York Times, September 7, 2015)

ROME — Italy’s highest court said Monday that the case against the Seattle resident Amanda Knox and her former boyfriend — whose convictions in the 2007 murder of a British student were definitively overturned in March — was marked by “culpable omissions of investigative activity” and “contradictory evidence” that raised reasonable doubt of their guilt.

In its formal reasoning on the March ruling, the Court of Cassation said that the investigations of the killing of the student, Meredith Kercher, who lived with Ms. Knox, had been flawed from the start, resulting in a case that bounced among various courts under the unrelenting glare of the news media on both sides of the Atlantic.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/world/europe/italys-highest-court-explains-decision-to-clear-amanda-knox.html
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 7 Sep, 2015 11:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The 52-page legal motivazioni was published today by the court of cassation in Rome.

Onward to the European court of Human Rights.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Sep, 2015 12:13 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Onward to the European court of Human Rights.
And for what reason? My Italian is just basic, but where did you read something that violates the Convention and its protocols?