Study Reveals the Angriest Americans

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:09 pm
@Francis,
From the source, I am unable to deduce why you would feel able to say the study proves (or indeed SAYS) anything about whether USA citizens are angrier than those from other countries.

As far as I can see the study simply compares US Americans from different regions.

Francis

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:11 pm
@dlowan,
George said so too, and I said it's only my experience...
Letty

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:22 pm
I have laughted at Francis' posts and Francis' has laughed at mine. I love that photo of Georgeob's when he was arm wrestling with FionaB. I noticed a smile on C.I.'s face as well.

When C.J. did that funny Irish thing with a car full of snakes saying, "Are We There Yet?" I loved it.

I won't be trite and say, "Laughter is the Best Medicine", but American's are culturally plural and NOT a melting pot.

My husband had the best sense of humor. I think that is what kept us together for so long; that and music.
dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:23 pm
@Francis,
Yes, but you claimed the study seemed to "prove" your point.
Francis

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:27 pm
@dlowan,
Are you getting angry at me because I was not sufficiently precise?
georgeob1

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:27 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

George wrote:
That's only because she was on your side.

You are taking sides now, George?

No, I'm just waiting on a friend.
Francis

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:28 pm
@georgeob1,
It will not be long now, George..
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:29 pm
@Letty,
Letty wrote:

I have laughted at Francis' posts and Francis' has laughed at mine. I love that photo of Georgeob's when he was arm wrestling with FionaB. I noticed a smile on C.I.'s face as well.

It wasn't funny.... she almost beat me.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:30 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Yes, but you claimed the study seemed to "prove" your point.

Francis considers all of his points to have been proven.... somewhere.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:31 pm
@Francis,
I'm not angry.

I just think what you said is silly and mildly irking.

I am irkry.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:35 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I am irkry.

True, but agreeably so.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:36 pm
@dlowan,
Here, get a hug ( http://www.msn-smiley.net/upload/images/93/1187539633703.gif)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:45 pm
@Francis,
Ain't love wunnerful!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 04:46 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I've never joined such a forum in another country, so I don't know if they are different. I note that some of the Canadians here can get a bit angry and hyper critical (but then there are easy-going, tolerant, lovable folks like Mame among them) and Nimh (as you may recall), could get a bit angry. I just don't know if Americans are different in this aspect of things. I am skeptical, as you can detect.

When I think of the "angriest" A2K'ers, I think of a particular Aussie, a couple Americans (West Coaster and East Coaster), and an American living in Canada.
dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:01 pm
@Francis,
Hugs have nothing to do with logical flaws.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:19 pm
@dlowan,
But luv can overcome a whole lotsa logical flaws.
Ionus

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:19 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I think of a particular Aussie
I resemble that !! How dare you !!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeh, but in france and italy, strikes are timed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No.

It can't.

It MAY overlook, or adore, them, however.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:36 pm
The new world was populated by people who were unhappy or adventurous, and now we are dealing with their descendants. Europe is still a nation of small villages and small village mentality, with most of the really big cities being in the New World and Asia. If the descendants of those who migrated to the New World have the same genetic traits as their forefathers, no wonder they get angry when they have to defend the world, when European village idiots cant see the need.

The French are drunk on wine, the Germans are technically adding tecniques, the Italians are making love, the Greeks are trying to farm rocks, Russia wants to give everyone a big friendly bear hug, Eastern Europe is wondering what to do, and Scandinavia is praying for Global Warming whilst Spain is busy justifying bull fights. So it is up to the USA ....again. I would be angry too if my country continued to pay disproportionately in money and blood for world security whilst other nations spent money on their citizens to the value the Americans can only dream about...poor is a synonym for angry.