how does the rainsoft electronic brain work.

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 10:27 am
Mistake #1, Ibought a used rainsoft . Mistake #2 ,I believed the guy when he said it worked. It is the 14 day manual timer, brass control valve.Idon't know the cycle sequence and what exactly ,its supposed to do.I took the valve apart and unfroze the piston. The timer motor works, the motor that drives the Hex shaft spins ,but doesn't seem to be spininning anything.I believe the shear pin is not broken,but I will triple ckeck. Before I took the cams off I marked them with a marker,so as not to put them on wrong.When I try to manually regenerate I hear and see water exiting the drain line , the brine tank filling but not emptying. Do the Green tabs that you set for regenerating duration, and amount ,suppossed to go on every couple of hours?Are the cams supposed to turn counter clockwise to open and close valves and swicthes?Basically I don't know how its supposed to work.If I did then I would know whats wrong .Is water supposed to be sucked out of the brine tank?Ive been laid of a year, gonna sell the house ,just need to get it working as cost effective as possible. Or should I just by a replacement valve? In which case how do you remove the disributor tube? Does it pull out or unscew it ? I do have a parts list for the valve. Any help would be appreciated. thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,620 • Replies: 2
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 03:53 pm
@waterwoes,
Have we spoken on the phone about this problem?
sturner

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:44 am
@H2O MAN,
I have the same issue. But i'm in Canada. What could be wrong?
0 Replies