Copyright Infringement?

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 06:33 pm
@joefromchicago,
Such recordings may be subject to state or international copyright protections.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That why I limited the statement to US product LPs. Now you throw in US states laws!

Enough to give anyone a headache.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 07:41 pm
@joefromchicago,
Give it up, joe. Even if all you do is answer the question, BillRM will still try to -- and manage to -- get the last word in.
BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 08:29 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Here I was under the impression that I was getting along fine with Joe.

Thank for telling me otherwise.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 08:53 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Such recordings may be subject to state or international copyright protections.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That why I limited the statement to US product LPs. Now you throw in US states laws!

Enough to give anyone a headache.

I'm not sure what a "US product LP" is. I'm assuming that you meant "US-produced LP" (i.e. LPs produced in the US). If that's the case, then those LPs could be protected under international and state common law copyrights. If, on the other hand, you meant to say that pre-1972 LPs are not protected under federal copyright law, then that would be correct -- but that's not what you said.
BillRM

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 08:05 am
@joefromchicago,
So our courts will enforce other nations copyrights laws even if our laws would indicate that a lp is not cover?

That you are free to bypass the limit on our copyrights laws by taking out a copyright in some other nation and our courts will enforce same?
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 09:24 am
@BillRM,
When the US enters into an international convention or treaty, such as the Berne Convention, the treaty becomes part of American law.
0 Replies