Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 03:16 pm
Is there a quick, reliable way to tell if a house at a particular address is in foreclosure? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,398 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 03:59 pm
You can go to the County Clerk and look up the address and see if there are leins on the mortgage.

check the delinquent tax lists

ask a neighbor

ask a realtor friend to find out for you (they have access to computer programs that have more financial detail on properties0

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 09:37 pm
@Brandon9000,
Set a bottle down in the middle of the road and give it a spin.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 10:44 pm
go to realitytrac, punch in the county that you want and use the map function, then hit center/zoom a few times to see which houses in the neighborhood are foreclosed or bank owned. Then hit details for each hit. Unless you are a member and pay money it will not tell you the address, but it will give a few property details and give a pic. I then go to Zillow.com to figure out which house the pic is of, and to get the address.

I think you can get one 20 day free trial, and during that time get addresses and all of the property details.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Thanks. I tried this for a few minutes, but I guess I would have to join to be allowed to view the area close enough. It is interesting though, and one might get lucky and just find the right address.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:14 pm
@Brandon9000,
when I do it I get a pic and a street name, which is close enough for me to figure out the rest. I just looked at one on my street that I noticed a few months back, and see that it did sell at auction but I cant find the price. Given that my value on zillow has gone down 2K in the last month I figure it was not good though.
0 Replies