Saturday Morning Cartoons/Shows, What were your Favorites???

Equus

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 11:01 am
Here's a website about The Banana Splits:

http://www.dfcom.freeserve.co.uk/hbw/banana/
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 08:45 am
"Let's Have Fun" starring Chuck McCann. Or was it Sunday?
0 Replies

G-Force

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:40 pm
HELP!!
I'm desperately trying to remember the name of a show that I used to watch when I was a kid (could have been in the 70's - probably the 80's) - I think it used to come on between cartoons on Saturday Mornings - featured a yellow guy, who was round and rather pear-shaped, who used to hop around the kitchen telling kids what was healthy to eat - I remember so clearly this episode where he was sliding down a celery stalk and singing some song about vegetables. It's driving me MAD that I can't remember the name of it.

Anyone remember this? Please help me!!!
Drunk
0 Replies

G-Force

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:42 pm
My shows!
Forgot to mention this - my fav. shows of the 80's were: Jem, Mighty Mouse, Davey and Goliath, The Smurfs, Super Chicken and Tom Slick!!
0 Replies

G-Force

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:24 pm
Re: HELP!!
G-Force! wrote:
I'm desperately trying to remember the name of a show that I used to watch when I was a kid (could have been in the 70's - probably the 80's) - I think it used to come on between cartoons on Saturday Mornings - featured a yellow guy, who was round and rather pear-shaped, who used to hop around the kitchen telling kids what was healthy to eat - I remember so clearly this episode where he was sliding down a celery stalk and singing some song about vegetables. It's driving me MAD that I can't remember the name of it.

Anyone remember this? Please help me!!!
Drunk

Okay - after much searching, I answered my own question Embarrassed - here's a link to a page about the show: http://www.angelfire.com/retro/gartwo/
It was a short commercial type program called Time for Timer and it had all sorts of great little songs about eating healthy and brushing your teeth. Check it out. Do you remember this too?
0 Replies

juniormint

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 12:26 pm
Just found this site - cool.
I grew up with (as mentioned before) the GREAT Johnny Quest, Supercar, and my second favorite, Fireball XL-5 - great surf music theme with lotsa Fender Tele tremolo....what else...Beany & Cecil, Woody Woodpecker, animated Beatles was great...our local kids show had a regular feature called Diver Dan - you never saw the guys face because of the helmet; the evil Baron Barracuda and Triggerfish were wooden puppets with hinged jaws....scared the liver out of me at that age.

Heres a couple of items I'd love to find links to or know if anyone remembers them:

Early '60s animated PSAs about what to do in the event of nuclear attack - several(besides the ubiquitous Duck & Cover turtle thing) were featured in the Atomic Cafe movie in the early 80s, but I'm looking to find the one that shows a mushroom cloud exploding & rising - camera pulls back to show 2 of them, one in each enormous eye of this poor shlep sitting on a stool looking horrified...camera pulls back further still to show a lab-coat large forheaded scientist type with a pointer telling us there's nothing to be so scared about like this guy....right....scared the willies out of this 8 year old kid.

The other is more recent, and what brought me to this site...some time in the late 80s or early 90s I would watch PeeWees playhouse with my young kids, and CBS had at least two VERY odd animated/claymation/stopaction(?) 15 or 30 sec video bumpers that would run before commercials...cool little sound tracks with them also - very eerie and unique. Anyone remember these?

just thought of one more that had to be from '66 or '67 - an amazing Bit-o-Honey psychedelic commercial that must have come from either Pushpin Studios or Peter Max (didn't really look like his, tho)...it had, as best I remember, a constantly rotating globe down low, with a character whose eyes/glasses constantly changed/blinked, his head spun around and the overall colors strobed continuously - total acid illustration.

best to all - love this site! Very Happy
0 Replies

juniormint

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 01:53 pm
Heres a good link to Fireball XL5 and various Supermarination stuff - theme music, links, other surprises....

http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~bat/GA/fireball-xl5.html
0 Replies

mimiz

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:32 pm
Can someone please answer this looming question for me? I use to watch a Saturday morning show, with what I believe was a bunch of teenagers running around in a mall. Some of them would probably be considered "hippies", if you know the name of the show, I would deeply appeciate it.
0 Replies