andrew dice clay *
emo philips
jay leno
jeff dunham
pauly shore *
carrot top *
yakov smirnoff *

* never funny in my opinion

the rest have had their moments, jay leno is a funny standup guy, but i never really cared for him on the tonight show

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 5,868 • Replies: 43

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:53 pm
What are you: God?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:55 pm
I mean, you left out Dennis Miller.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:56 pm
@djjd62,
Jeff Dunham: I haven't seen his latest thing and I haven't felt compelled to watch it. But as a stand up comedian, he can be kind of funny if taken in bite size portions. Okay, 2 or 3 minutes at a time.

Dane Cook: I kind of like him. He's not the rock star of comedy though the media and himself love to emphasize that portrayal. His last special was particularly funny and kind of touching when he talked about his recently deceased father.

Gallagher is a PG rated version of George Carlin. It's been quite awhile since I seen one of his specials. He maybe guilty of being comedically obsolete more then anything else. During the peak of his career, he was pretty funny though he could have toned down his "smashing" gimmick based routine

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
it's Newsweek's list

and you're right about dennis miller
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Before Dennis Miller turned into a delusional Republican nutjob, he was pretty smart and funny. He turned into Mr. Hyde of comedians after 9/11 like the alleged Democrat that was the former Mayor of New York, Ed Koch.
djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
i never really got dunham, but i have heard a few funny things

gallagher was part of a comedy special called unmasked that's hosted by XM radio's ron bennington, he's a weird and interesting individual, more entertaining as himself than as his act
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
I never liked him or thought he was funny from the beginning.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:11 pm
@djjd62,
Many people are not aware of this, but Emo Philips wrote "Meet The Parents" which turned out to be a very funny movie.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:20 pm
Wickepedia: Meet the Parents is a 2000 American comedy film written by Greg Glienna and directed by Jay Roach of Austin Powers fame. Starring Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller, the film chronicles a series of unfortunate events that befall a good hearted but hapless male nurse while visiting his girlfriend's parents. Teri Polo, Blythe Danner, and Owen Wilson also star.

Meet the Parents is a remake of a 1992 film of the same name that was co-written and directed by Glienna and in which he played the main protagonist. After Universal Studios purchased the rights to the original film, James Herzfeld expanded the short script but development was halted for some time. There was initial interest in the film by Steven Spielberg, who wanted to direct the film, and by Jim Carrey to play the lead role. The offer to make the film was not extended to Jay Roach until it had become clear that Spielberg and Carrey would not be able to take on the project.

The 1992 film: Writers:Greg Glienna (writer) &
Mary Ruth Clarke (writer)

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:24 pm
@wandeljw,
believe it or not i never saw it

he may be a very talented writer, but i never got the emo character
spendius

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:31 pm
Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.
eoe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 07:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Before Dennis Miller turned into a delusional Republican nutjob, he was pretty smart and funny. He turned into Mr. Hyde of comedians after 9/11 like the alleged Democrat that was the former Mayor of New York, Ed Koch.

I remember when Dennis Miller was very funny but now he's just annoying.
George Lopez is not funny to me. I don't understand why he has a television show.
Ben Stiller gives me the creeps. I like his parents much more.
Wanda Sykes leaves me cold. I don't get the big whoo about her at all.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 07:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Wickepedia: Meet the Parents is a 2000 American comedy film written by Greg Glienna and directed by Jay Roach of Austin Powers fame. Starring Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller, the film chronicles a series of unfortunate events that befall a good hearted but hapless male nurse while visiting his girlfriend's parents. Teri Polo, Blythe Danner, and Owen Wilson also star.

Meet the Parents is a remake of a 1992 film of the same name that was co-written and directed by Glienna and in which he played the main protagonist. After Universal Studios purchased the rights to the original film, James Herzfeld expanded the short script but development was halted for some time. There was initial interest in the film by Steven Spielberg, who wanted to direct the film, and by Jim Carrey to play the lead role. The offer to make the film was not extended to Jay Roach until it had become clear that Spielberg and Carrey would not be able to take on the project.

The 1992 film: Writers:Greg Glienna (writer) &
Mary Ruth Clarke (writer)

Emo Philips was credited as the executive producer of the 1992 version and as associate producer of the 2000 version. (Both credits were based on settlements related to his story and dialog ideas.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 07:46 pm
Emo
http://sheepskinshoes.com/Library/brands/Brand_Info_imgs/emu_animal.jpg
eoe

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 07:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
not a pretty bird. Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
where's heeven?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 08:01 pm
David letterman
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 11:34 pm
@djjd62,
The obnoxious Gilbert Gottfried!
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 11:38 pm
@Intrepid,
He managed to be funny in that really sick documentary The Aristrocats (2005) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436078/

But other then that? He's far too obnoxious to elicit even a single ha or a heh.