Volume Control

lisag

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:24 pm
My daughter removed programs that she said were for a cell phone hook up and I would never need them. So I think something has accidentally been removed from my laptop that effects my sound control.

I used to right click on an icon in my taskbar and a window would come up. I would right click on 'Volume Control' and another window would come up and I would adjust the level of my volume.

Now when I right click on the icon and the window comes up, I click on 'Volume Control' and....nothing happens. Nothing.

Can anyone help me. Acer laptop, Windows XP
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,543 • Replies: 8
No top replies

mariadomenica

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:17 pm
@lisag,
go to your control panel, audio and sounds... it might have been removed from your system tray but it should be there...
BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:12 am
@lisag,
A very fast way of dealing with the problem is just to go to the restore function and restore your system to a time before your daughter change it.
lisag

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:39 pm
@mariadomenica,
I tried to put the volume control icon in the taskbar and it says it cannot do that because the volume control program is not installed. I don't know what the name of the program is. I don't know how to find it because when I go to system restore it only lets me go back one month and she removed them two months ago. I tried to google it to see if it is something I can download for free but could not find anything.
0 Replies

lisag

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:41 pm
@BillRM,
Please refer to my reply to @mariadomenica

Thanks for your help
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 08:43 pm
Lisa, did you click on control panel and look for Sounds And Audio Devices?
lisag

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:25 am
@panzade,
Yes, and I found that SndVol32.exe was not there. I googled it and was able to download it.

Thank u to everyone who helped.
panzade

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 10:28 am
@lisag,
Yay...can you hear me now?
0 Replies

mariadomenica

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:10 pm
What make and model is your laptop? Can you go to the manufacturer site and download the driver?
0 Replies