The restricted phone number is an indication that he's more involved than he wants you to know.
Hmmm...waiting is good advice, though if you can't - it can't hurt to set a deadline for yourself - for when he's got things sorted out, and if he hasn't by then, break it off until he does.
As for the call restricted number - I disagree, it doesn't necessarily mean he's more involved than he wants you to know - the break up is obviously amicable (else they wouldn't be living together till she finds a place to live), and his ex picking up a phone call from a potential love interest is certainly not what any guy would want on many fronts :
- even though they are broken up, it could hurt her feelings
- she could still go off at him
- life at home could suddenly become 'cold'
- she could start trying to win him back (not cause she wants him)
- she could tell you things to make you dislike him (and how would you know if they are true or not?)
- she could in fact...start any number of things that'd make life uncomfortable
There are plenty of reasons for him not to want you to call his home at this point in time (one of them also being, he could be married and a scoundrel)