Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 06:47 pm
Has anyone else had a problem with the Facebook game Cafe World, or just with Facebook itself? As far as i can tell, we don't have a problem with any other application, either online or offline.

Thanks in advance for adding confusion to our situation . . . you can't think how important it is to us . . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 7,999 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 09:07 pm
I don't know this particular app, but this frequently happens with others as well. Sorry, I couldn't be more precise.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 09:21 pm
@Setanta,
I had many problems with Facebook while using Internet Explorer. I switched over to Firefox and it eliminated most of them.

Many of the Zynga games, when they are first introduced, are extreme memory hogs. It takes them several months to get it cleaned up and then everytime they do a major update to them, the hog comes back to the trough.

I just keep clearing my PC's cache and temp files on a daily basis and that seems to keep the worst of it down to a minimum.

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 09:25 pm
@Setanta,
so sorry set but I'm way to busy cleaning house, baking fresh bread, creating foddie recipes and designing web sites to get involved with facebook games.
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 09:42 pm
@Setanta,
I have problems with Facebook itself. There it s. But what is it for? I joined and some of you have asked to be "friends" and although I have no idea what that entails I've okayed that in most cases. But other than that foolishness, is there any reason for Facebook to exist? I'm not much of a gamester and there doesn't seem to be anything else to do on that site except play silly games. Like so many other things in life, Facebook is a mystery to me.

Need a hand with any them chores, dys? Soon's I finish weedin' and waterin' I'll be free.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:09 am
@Butrflynet,
Zynga's website is down now and so are all their games. The other game companies are still operating as normal.

Zynga had a big press release today about the $400K donation they are making in seeds for Hati that the players of their Farmville game donated.

Their site probably got overwhelmed with traffic and got taken down.
Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:29 am
@Butrflynet,
That's certainly a possibility. It was crashing the computer at the worst point last night. There might also have been a hardward conflict with the computer, too--but this morning i disabled that piece of hardware, and so far, so bad. I'm trying to load cafe world right now, so we shall see what we shall see.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 09:44 am
@dyslexia,
The fuckin cows got loose and I sent the wife out to round em up. I dont think FAcebook'd want us hicks.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 09:47 am
Please be aware that Facebook itself has many problems and is a hotbed of virus activity... it is an inherently dangerous site to visit.

It has the same problem Myspace does: gigantic user base, many of whom are both ignorant of computer security and Credulous, easy vector paths for the viruses to spread.

Make sure your defenses are up to date and active...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies