My Happy Place

aidan

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 03:29 pm
I just spent the most wonderful week with my mother who I feel and get on a cellular level - and I know she feels and gets me - she is the sweetest woman on earth and every minute I have to spend with her makes me happy. We listened to this song together:

It was her birthday last Sunday and we spent it together. She has made me happy my entire life: to the most beautiful woman I have ever known:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_8343-1.jpg
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:04 am
Another person who has made my life more enriched than it would have been if I'd never known of him. I went to see him two weeks ago. He is one of my top five favorite male vocalists - which is saying quite a lot - and I would say consistently one of my top two favorite song writers. I'm so happy he's quit the booze and the drugs and had a liver transplant and is still alive. If anything he's better than he was twenty years ago and that makes me happy:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_9766.jpg

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 03:13 am
I love this photo. I just think it illustrates the richness of life so perfectly and that always makes me happy- diverse peoples living together side by side and getting along.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/Jordayandpal.jpg

This one made me laugh and as I am a proud descendent of Appalachian Americans who originated in northern Alabama and pioneered on into Texas, I feel entitled to post it without feeling that I'm taking the micky out of anyone.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/appalachianamericans.jpg
aidan

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 10:04 am
@aidan,
It's meant to be - my favorite British country and western star - Hank Wangford is playing on October 22 in Wildhern Village Hall.
Well, October 22 would have been my Dad's 79th birthday, had he not died last year and he is the person who is most responsible for introducing me to music of any sort, but most especially country and western by playing it incessantly in the house, in the car and taking me to Opreyland every year on our way to visit kinfolk in Texas.

Our last name is Hearn - so to be going to see Hank Wangford on October 22 in Wildhern Village Hall is just portent of wonderfulness.

And my friend Tony's birthday is October 23 and he is a Brit who also loves country and western - there really aren't a lot - so it is sort of special.
And he's funny as hell - just as Hank is funny as hell - so this evening 11 days from now is shaping up to be something really, really special for me.

I can't wait - I feel so happy thinking about it and listening to this@

And just so you know that Hank is not a total silly imbecile - he's also a medical doctor who has pioneered advancements of women's reproductive health in eastern Europe (and the president of the naked mountaineering society) and I've met him up close and personal and he's a wonderful, wonderful person to boot.

He makes me happy.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 12:56 am
A new (to me) guy I just stumbled upon singing on Jools Holland one night. He always makes me smile:

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 01:08 am
Talked to my Mom last night. Just the sound of her voice always makes me so happy.
She goes to bingo every Friday now and I asked her how she likes it and she said, 'I LOVE it! YOU would love it too! Can you come with me this Friday, Rebecca? I know you would LOVE it.'

I said, 'Well, not this Friday Mom, because remember- I live in England...'
And she said, 'Oh that's right. I'm so silly sometimes - maybe you can come NEXT Friday...'

Oh Mom- you are the love of my life. I hit the jackpot when I was put in your life and your orbit of sunshine. And I will play Bingo with you before Christmas - I just decided- that'll be my Christmas present.
You make me so happy - this song is for you because every time I hear it, I think of you:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/2mommy.jpg
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 01:29 am
My Mom is on facebook! Now I get to see her smiling face and talk to her anytime I want to - day or night. That makes me so happy!
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/408759_338963546128711_100000452041818_1241525_209186911_n.jpg
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:28 am
Jack, my adopted British father/best friend is out of the hospital and back home and back to his old self - all be-tied and smiling and cake-eating, map reading, funny, lovely, silly and happy.

I can't tell you how happy that makes me - I had almost given up hope of seeing him out of the hospital again- but here he is - even if he DOES have to use a zimmer frame from now on...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/aidan_010/IMG_8627-1.jpg
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:40 am
So happy this guy's been making music for the past 40 years:

Clarence Clemons said:
Quote:
One night we were playing in Asbury Park. I'd heard The Bruce Springsteen Band was nearby at a club called The Student Prince and on a break between sets I walked over there. On-stage, Bruce used to tell different versions of this story but I'm a Baptist, remember, so this is the truth. A rainy, windy night it was, and when I opened the door the whole thing flew off its hinges and blew away down the street. The band were on-stage, but staring at me framed in the doorway. And maybe that did make Bruce a little nervous because I just said, "I want to play with your band," and he said, "Sure, you do anything you want." The first song we did was an early version of "Spirit in the Night". Bruce and I looked at each other and didn't say anything, we just knew. We knew we were the missing links in each other's lives. He was what I'd been searching for. In one way he was just a scrawny little kid. But he was a visionary. He wanted to follow his dream. So from then on I was part of history
aidan

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 06:37 am
@aidan,

Took my Mom to the county fair and had such a wonderful ride home singing along to Bob and the Band to Basement Tapes (one of my favorite albums ever). She loved it too - although she was less excited about the second song - she DID love the sunset!
0 Replies