Communicate and interact with children

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 11:15 am
Hi I’m Emma!
Please can you help answers the following questions or some of them?
I will appreciate that, thank you

Task 1: Communicate and interact with children
1. It is important that our communication with children is positive and respectful. List five respectful communication strategies and give an example for each.
R/

2. What methods would you use to communicate appropriately with children taking into consideration their age, developmental stage and culture?
R/

3. Identify five examples of appropriate non-verbal communication you could use with children.
R/

Task 2: Promote positive behaviour in children
Familiarise yourself with Jesse Dennis (4 years) and Sally Dennis (11 years) who attend the Centre, and answer the following questions to help guide positive behaviour. Their typical behaviours will reflect their different ages.
1. Identify a positive behaviour (egg. turn taking, sharing) you would like to encourage within Jesse and Sally.
R/

Detail what you would say to both Sally and Jesse to promote the desired behaviour. Consider the different levels of development of each child.
R/

2. Identify an appropriate behaviour limit for both Sally and Jesse. Detail how you would express this limit to each child, taking into consideration their developmental abilities.
R/

Task 3: Collaborate with children about their interests
We have some funds, which I want to use to buy some indoor games for the children. To ensure that our children make the most of these games and fully enjoy them, we need to get their input into what we purchase. How can we go about this? I want you to think about and answer the following questions that are designed to get their input.
1. What communication methods will you use and why?
R/

2. How would you encourage the children to consider new ideas and interests that haven’t previously been catered for in our centre? Identify three (3) appropriate strategies you could use to introduce new ideas to children.
R/

3. If a child offers a suggestion regarding an activity or play experience, how might you respond? Give an example.
R/

4. What would you do to ensure that sufficient time is given for children to express their ideas?
R/

Task 4: Encourage children to respect differences
1. Explain why it is important to encourage children to express their likes and dislikes?
R/

2. Why is it important to respond to and discuss differences/bias with children?
R/

Task 5: Support children in learning about the decision making process
Base this task on Sally’s interests and strengths.
Sally is one of the older children and likes to assist in organising and playing games with younger children. You would like her to organise some simple indoor games to play with younger children in the afternoon. Answer the questions below to assist Sally regarding this opportunity.
1. How would you help Sally to share her ideas, discuss limitations and solve problems that may arise in relation to the indoor games she wishes to organise?
R/

2. If some of the ideas generated cannot be implemented due to resource limitations, safety factors or legal requirements, how would you acknowledge this and discuss possible options and alternatives with Sally?
R/

3. How will you help Sally to plan the implementation of her ideas and suggestions?
R/

Thank you for your help

Regard Emma

Email: [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 8,930 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2009 08:11 pm
@isabellaemma,
It's more likely people will help you if you have a go at answering the questions yourself, and post that, so people can comment and help you tighten up your homework.

0 Replies

Emily1994

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2010 05:10 pm
@isabellaemma,
Thnaks I'll past that on to everyone
0 Replies

bhavyabhai

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 06:41 am
Please reply all the questions and their answers
0 Replies

terka

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 06:03 pm
@isabellaemma,
Hi Emma
did you got any answer for the questions? I'm doing exactly the some assignment Just wondering maybe u can help?
Thanks
Teresa
0 Replies