ROMAN POLANSKI - ANAL RAPE (NOT RAPE-RAPE) IS MERELY ANOTHER EXPRESSION OF ARTISTIC BRILLIANCE.

Tue 6 Oct, 2009 09:49 pm
Quote:
The American thesp criticized Swiss authorities for their “philistine collusion” in arresting the helmer at Zurich Airport on Saturday on behalf of U.S. justice authorities, just before the festival was to honor him for lifetime achievement.

“This fledgling festival has been unfairly exploited and whenever this happens the whole art world suffers,” Winger said in a statement to journalists on Monday, standing together with the other four international jury members in announcing they had decided to continue at the festival that is honoring Polanski.

“We hope today this latest (arrest) order will be dropped. It is based on a three-decades-old case that is dead but for minor technicalities. We stand by him and await his release and his next masterpiece.”

Winger added: “We came to Zurich to honor Roman Polanski as a great artist but under these sad and arcane circumstances we can only think of him today as a human being uncertain of the year ahead. His life has always informed his art and it always will.”

Protesters outside the festival’s main theater on Sunday, where he was honored despite being in jail, held up banners demanding his release and criticizing Swiss authorities for arresting him.

Source: http://www.awardsdaily.com/?p=13423

Those of us who think that an adult who anally rapes a 13 year old should be imprisoned in accordance with his plea bargain are "philistines."

Roman's defense: "She responded."

That she responded with "No, no, no" doesn't seem to matter, but even if she responded sexually, there is a statute in this country that goes by the moniker of Statutory Rape.

Whoopie doesn't think this was a case of "rape-rape."

If a Duke lacrosse player pushed a 22 year old date beyond "No," to have sex and then defended himself by asserting "she responded," does anyone believe Whoopie would not be telling the world that rape is rape and there are no extenuating circumstances?

The sad aspect of this story is that self-professed feminists are defending Polanski.

If an Alabaman truck driver sodomizes a 13 year old, Hollywood, rightfully, goes nuts, but if one of their own commits the same crime, it is, somehow, acceptable.

When an artiste rapes a child...she wanted it.

Utter moral bankruptcy.

PS: Winger needs to crawl back into her bottle and stop her pathetic attempt to be cast in Roman's next movie.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 7,819 • Replies: 32
Topic Closed

ebrown p

Tue 6 Oct, 2009 10:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I agree with you Finn.
Below viewing threshold (view)
joefromchicago

Tue 6 Oct, 2009 10:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Whoopie doesn't think this was a case of "rape-rape."

You said "rape" twice.
hawkeye10

Tue 6 Oct, 2009 10:22 pm
@joefromchicago,
what is your point? Rape-rape is supposed to mean the old definition of rape, rape singular can mean just about anything that a woman does not like.
hawkeye10

Tue 6 Oct, 2009 10:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
I should add that it appears to me that Polanski did commit rape-rape, but I would like to hear Whoppi's reasoning for why it was not.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 6 Oct, 2009 10:36 pm

I guess he shoud have requested them to run the Festival in France.
contrex

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 06:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

How would that have been possible? Switzerland and France are different countries.
sullyfish6

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 06:29 am
This is an aside, but HOW is it that Polanski was provided a young girl at a party in the home of another adult?? (Another creepy actor).

What else was going on at this party?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 07:26 am
I feel bad for the woman at this point. She may, after years of therapy and self work, put this event behind her or at least tucked it into a manageable place. Now it's all being brought out into the open. Ass raped and now mind fucked.

Polanski needs to be charged with two rapes. Prick.
farmerman

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 08:12 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I got a rope. Lets get the little prick and stick im in a cage with an oversexed gay silverback gorilla.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 08:17 am
why expose that gorilla to the possibility of an STD? Just shoot the sonofabitch.
Linkat

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 10:10 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I agree - and elect bear to pull the trigger. All us A2ks will then stand behind you as this would not be a case of murder-murder.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 11:56 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Quote:

How would that have been possible?
Switzerland and France are different countries.

Ask them to mail his award ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 12:14 pm
I'm a feminist and I don't support Polanski avoiding a court hearing. Bunch of you folks paint feminism with a broad brush.
0 Replies

kickycan

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:41 pm
All I can say is that I'm thankful that it wasn't a rape-rape-rape. That sort of thing is just plain wrong.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 02:42 pm
I THINK WE NEED MORE TOPIC TITLES IN ALL CAPS, THAT WAY WE ALL KNOW WHICH ONES ARE IMPORTANT AND WORTH COMMENTING ON

CYCLOPTICHORN
Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 07:05 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I agree - and elect bear to pull the trigger. All us A2ks will then stand behind you as this would not be a case of murder-murder.

I've shot and killed a man in my life... i'll take care of it for you...
Merry Andrew

Wed 7 Oct, 2009 08:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I THINK WE NEED MORE TOPIC TITLES IN ALL CAPS, THAT WAY WE ALL KNOW WHICH ONES ARE IMPORTANT AND WORTH COMMENTING ON

CYCLOPTICHORN

ABSO-FUKKIN-LOOTELY!!!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 9 Oct, 2009 08:07 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I've shot and killed a man in my life... i'll take care of it for you...

Did you shoot him in Reno just to see him die?
0 Replies