Did Glen Beck rape and kill a young girl?

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:26 am
This got a lot funnier when Glen Beck went to an International Trademark organization for help to silence this.

Quote:

Beck, who has become notorious for his conspiratorial rants, wasn't amused when Eiland-Hall registered glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com -- featuring videos of crying women and purportedly examining Beck's lack of denial about the rape/murder -- and earlier this month he filed an administrative complaint with the World Intellectual Property Organization. The complaint claimed that the site was improperly using a trademark and the domain name was registered and being used in bad faith. (Beck also seems to be exploring a defamation claim.)

http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/digital/e3i49ed8b00bbe771aafae5805555edcab4

From the original site...

Quote:
This site exists to try and help examine the vicious rumor that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990. We don't claim to know the truth -- only that the rumour floating around saying that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990 should be discussed. So we're going to do our part to try and help get to the bottom of this.

Why won't Glenn Beck deny these allegations? We're not accusing Glenn Beck of raping and murdering a young girl in 1990 - in fact, we think he didn't! But we can't help but wonder, since he has failed to deny these horrible allegations. Why won't he deny that he raped and killed a young girl in 1990?

It seems like a fair argument, doesn't it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 5,748 • Replies: 20

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:36 am
Ask hard questions! We don't know if he did this terrible thing, but you have to ask these questions.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:36 am
@ebrown p,
While I dislike Glenn Beck intensely, and I know its a parody, it is the kind of thing that the left constantly screams about when he does it.

I wonder why its ok to do it now?
Is it because its a conservative thats the target.
FreeDuck

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:37 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

While I dislike Glenn Beck intensely, and I know its a parody, it is the kind of thing that the left constantly screams about when he does it.

You said you know it's a parody....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:37 am
@ebrown p,
Gotta love it. That is truly humor in a juggular vein.

Come to think of it, why won't he deny the allegation?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:38 am
@mysteryman,
But if you know it's a parody, why do you ask that?

The point is to show how UN-ok it is. This is obviously wrong -- so is Beck's version of plausible-deniability rumor-mongering.

It's not a double standard, it's ickiness and then satire of the ickiness.
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:39 am
@sozobe,
Oops, FreeDuck got there first...
0 Replies

boomerang

After he killed that girl he pulled my hair, kicked my dog and poured sugar in my gas tank.
0 Replies

ehBeth

@mysteryman,
Yes, a parody. A parody of Glenn Beck.
ebrown p

@mysteryman,
Quote:

No one is saying it is OK to do this. It is inappropriate, uncivil, disgusting and hurtful. That is what makes it funny.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:46 am
I've never seen Glenn Beck's birth certificate, just saying.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:49 am
@ehBeth,
I understand that.
But there is still a right way and a wrong way to parody someone or something.

For example...http://whitehouse.gov1.info/index.html
Is a parody of the White House website.
It doesnt insult anyone, its not demeaning, and it doesnt make cruel, evil, vile accusations (even if those accusations are disguised as a question).

ebrown p

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:50 am
@mysteryman,
Mysteryman,

The whole point of a "parody" is to mimic the behavior of the target of the parody. That's what makes it funny.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:52 am
@dyslexia,
Does anyone know for sure if he even has a belly button?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:55 am
I will categorically deny that I raped and murdered a young girl in 1990. Why can't Glenn Beck do the same?
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 12:00 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
It doesnt insult anyone, its not demeaning, and it doesnt make cruel, evil, vile accusations (even if those accusations are disguised as a question).

The White House isn't doing that. Glenn Beck IS, though, so a parody just ups the ante a bit. You're already anti-Glenn Beck (and good for you), so you're not really the target. The targets are the people who would defend Glenn Beck but think there was something wrong with this website. That's the hypocrisy. (Or maybe they'd think the website is wrong and then realize Glenn Beck is doing the same thing... one can hope.)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 12:29 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I know its a parody, it is the kind of thing that the left constantly screams about when he does it.

Glenn Beck satirizes people?
farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 01:36 pm
@DrewDad,
I knew there was something about his shifty eyes. There is no stashu of limitations on murder and rape, so Mr Beck better have a good alibi.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 02:17 pm
BECK TRIES TO KILL PARODY WEBSITE

EXCERPT:

Quote:
The attorney for the site owner, Marc Randazza, has filed a response brief (PDF) that is hilarious in its attack on Beck's thin-skinned and legally dubious argument. For instance, on the notion that someone might think the site was serious or that it was affiliated with Beck himself, he responds:

Quote:
There is no indication that the Respondent has intentionally attempted to confuse anyone searching for Mr. Beck's own website, nor that anyone was unintentionally confused - even initially. Only an abject imbecile could believe that the domain name would have any connection to the Complainant.

We are not here because the domain name could cause confusion. We do not have a declaration from the president of the international association of imbeciles that his members are blankly staring at the Respondent's website wondering "where did all the race baiting content go?" We are here because Mr. Beck wants Respondent's website shut down. He wants it shut down because Respondent's website makes a poignant and accurate satirical critique of Mr. Beck by parodying Beck's very rhetorical style. Beck's skin is too thin to take the criticism, so he wants the site down. Beck is represented by a learned and respected legal team. Accordingly, it is beyond doubt that his counsel advised him that under the First Amendment to the United States' Constitution, no action in a U.S. Court would be successful. Accordingly, Beck is attempting to use this transnational body to circumvent and subvert the Respondent's constitutional rights.

That's brilliant. I like this lawyer. He also includes examples of Beck using exactly the same rhetorical techniques. For example, in questioning Muslim legislator Keith Ellison, Beck said:

"No offense and I know Muslims, I like Muslims, I've been to mosques, I really don't think Islam is a religion of evil. I think it's being hijacked, quite frankly. With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying let's cut and run. And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview because what I feel like saying is, sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy. But that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 08:53 pm
Hoist with his own petard.

Serves him right. All bad deeds do not go unpunished.
0 Replies