My goldfish (Please help!!!)

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 05:22 pm
My goldfish is acting kinda wierd. I was with my friend today and she also has a goldfish, so we put them together in the same tank for a little. When i took my fish out, it was fine. But when i got home, all of a sudden he doesn't move much, and so i changed his water and put him in another bowl while i did. When i was done i noticed some little blobs on the side of the container i put him in, and a few minuets later he dug a little hole in the gravel. anyone know what might be happening?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,080 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 05:43 pm
@Darkcat4,
Why on earth would you put them together?!

I have absolutely no idea what's going on but I suspect there could be a possibility that your goldfish could be infected with a virus or bug in which he or she has no immunity. When you've been isolated most of your life, any contact with another species could bring on an individual based epidemic.

And I suppose a visit to the veterinarian would be financial overkill for a goldfish. You probably just need to keep the bowl clean and wait.

Hopefully someone else here can recognize what's going on.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 05:48 pm
@Darkcat4,
You shouldn't take fish and put them in other water like that. Temperature, PH and other changes in the water can cause it harm. Fish are pretty sensitive, they can die from very little shock. You aren't even supposed to change all their water at once. Please read this:

http://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm

Note that there are products (one is mentioned in the above link) that you can use to try to accelerate the cycle, and you can also buy kits to test the water. Please don't move your fish around like that. It is a good way to kill the fish.
0 Replies