What is one mistake your parents made that you struggle to forgive?

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:08 pm
To be fair I think I'm pretty lucky.

My mum called me a heathen slut when she found out I'd had sex age 16 and I kind of wish she hadn't said that but apart from that they were pretty ******* good and I grew up very loved.
I think they could have made me a bit more independent as I grew up but I caught up when I got to age 18 so never mind really.
I don't have anything to complain about I don't think.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:40 pm
My grandfather was the one I couldn't forgive.
His abuse of my mother resulted in decades of strife and angst in our immediate family;rest her soul.
T o this day I can't forgive him.
Let's not forget. Many of the problems we had with our parents were caused by our grandparents.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 02:48 pm
@panzade,
That's very true in my mother's and her sister's case, re both grandmother and grandfather for differing reasons.

So it goes..
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 03:16 pm
@ossobuco,
To explain further, my mother's father was the Watertown drunk in the early
20th century (she was a lifetime teetotaler) and her mother was a saint, having the Blessed Virgin appear to her mother and tell her she would live, which she did for some more decades. My mother was smart in ways, valedictorian of her class but choosing not to accept that re shyness, but in my experience of her, not much of a wide reader, easily closed viewpoints.

My father, not without faults of course, was the opposite.

I was lucky to have both of them, loved both of them; well, most of the time with my mother; no problemo with my father.
0 Replies