Language setting problem on Outlook Express

carla973

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 12:13 pm
@msolga,
I am having the same problem. My husband's spellcheck worked on his previous computer but after setting him up on this newer one, all of a sudden, his spellcheck only spellchecks for French and offers no other languages. Thanks for you pro-offered help:-)

Carla
carla973

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 12:16 pm
@msolga,
Not sure if my 1st reply made it to you because I was redirected when I clicked reply to a sign up for account screen. Anyway, having the same problem. Would like all the help I can get:-)

Thanks. Carla
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 12:23 pm
@carla973,
Try clicking on Tools then clicking on the Spelling tab. Below should be the drop down called "International Dictionaries: Choose which dictionary to use when checking your spelling" language menu. Click on English.

If that doesn't work, this article addresses it as well:
Outlook Express language setting stuck on French
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
http://blog.chron.com/helpline/2007/04/outlook-express-language-setting-stuck-on-french/
0 Replies

nattule

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 05:37 am
@msolga,
Outlook Express does not have its own dictionary, it uses MS Office's dictionary. If you are using MS Office 2007 or later version, you cannot use the Office's dictionary. To use this feature, you must have Office 2003 or its earlier version.

Or, if not possible, get a third-party dictionary software and use it with Outlook Express.

Hope this would be helpful.

Thanks.
0 Replies