Please Has anyone heard of the artist Lori Stanley

loridreams

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:28 pm
@paxagirl,
Hi-
I've been looking for you guys for years. How are the kids, Britt, sorry I'm not sure if we met. Tell Britt I am Lori's sister in Mexico. I hope you see this, I hope we can communicate. I have so many dreams of her and the boys. It's funny I found this, I just thought about the old house, the jacuzzi, today.
Love- S
ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:32 pm
@loridreams,
We have several threads on a2k about Lori Stanley and her art.

see this link -
http://able2know.org/search/?cx=partner-pub-3092869023721312%3Adw2qoa-tocz&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=Lori+Stanley&sa=
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 09:13 pm
@drselig,
Do you know where we can find some images of her works? It doesn't seem that her work is too readily accessible online.
paxagirl

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 07:40 pm
@loridreams,
Hi, Loridreams,
My name is Britt. There is/was an amazing lady who lived in Mexico who, Lori would have confided to me, could have easily worn the label "sister" even though she wasn't Lori's sister in the sense of a bloodline sister. She was more in the mold of a sister of spirit and soul. Her first name began with an "S". I remember the old house and the jacuzzi too, I lived there. If you are that very interesting person, you will remember the interesting mountain based project we worked on together. Please tell me what we worked on in the mountains, if you are the lady S who worked with me. I am, as you can tell, a bit edgy about giving out even first names of people who I know were friends, family, associates, and whatnot of Lori’s because there ushers through discussions about Lori and her art work the tale of money. Where there is money, there is temptation for naughtiness.
0 Replies

paxagirl

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 12:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
Go to www.pablopicassoclub.com people have been talking about her work at this site and have uplaoded pictures of some of her works they are trying to sell.
0 Replies

janoscie

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 12:53 pm
@drselig,
Hello there, we also have one of her paintings, it supposedly was her last one she painted. We have it in storage and will be getting it out soon. my husband had her paint it, it's of a woman by a pond with fish in the pond looking at her and she was real sad. He even had her paint red polish on her toenails!!
Please let me know if you find any more info on her.
0 Replies

turtleberg

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 04:17 pm
Lori attended my wedding she gave us a painting as a gift
Since then I've found 6 note cards released in 1981 as a series from the driven rain. I'd like to show them and offer them as for sale
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 06:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
It appears that "Dr Selig" only asks a question and then splits. He doesnt even have the courtesy to acknowledge all these people whove been sharing their own stories about her. Im amazed that someone can start a thread TWICE,and then just divorse themselves form anything thats been said.

Discourteous bastid.

Merry Chrsitmas to all the others. I am finding this thread fascinating about the web of information that focused in A2K.
0 Replies

brandy hofmann

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:36 am
@artdelia,
Dr: Selig I see your posts in a couple of places. I am Lori's cousin Brandy. I live in Sedona Az. I can give you info on her in case you have not found it. It depends on what paintings and how big of course. I have several too being her Cousin ( kind of her little sister) Their family raised me pretty much. [email protected]
0 Replies

brandy hofmann

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:40 am
@artdelia,
DR Selig:
I am Lori's cousin Brandy, I live in Sedona Az where her art was in a couple galleries here. I have many of her paintings as well,. Her family raised me until I was about 13 then I went to live with my Dad. I visited them often. I can give you info if you want? [email protected] I was born in Atwater Where Lori lived at the time . I am almost certain Lori was born at the same hospital. It is not there any more. She was 7 years older than I. Ricky was 5 ( her brother) .
Brandy
0 Replies

brandy hofmann

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:43 am
@Tightj,
YES , I know Lori she was my first cousin, Their family raised me pretty much . I looked to Lori as my Sister and Ricky as my brother. I saw Lori about three months before she passed. What do you need to know? [email protected]
0 Replies

brandy hofmann

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:50 am
@connie stanley,
CON: we are third cousins by Marriage? I think ? GUY was my Uncle when he was married to Joyce, I am Brandy, Lori and Ricky raised me until my Dad stole me in the night but I came back to merced every summer. We went to Yosemite a lot. I Remember last time I saw Lori we went to Guy's house , it was a few months before she passed. Guy had a collection of clocks. I live in Sedona Az. if you have not found Loris art supplies yet? my guess Ricky probably sold them. Hate to say that but he was not in his right mind. write me. Ask me something I should know if you are not sure it is I ? I know much about Lori and Rick. Brandy
[email protected]
0 Replies

brandy hofmann

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 11:53 am
@paxagirl,
Hi: remember me Brandy? I want to talk to you guys and wonder how Dustin is doing? and How is Cody? Tell Britt or you can both please write me. I have a person that knew Lori , not interested in selling his paintings but wants to do a real nice bio of her . [email protected] Love to you all. Is Dustin a genius still?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 12:01 pm
@brandy hofmann,
Just to let you know:
No how many posts you make in a single thread, please bear in mind that you're replying to persons who haven't returned to this site in AT LEAST 2 years (Paxagirl)! Whereas the next poster you replied to hasn't been around for over 5 years.

All you're doing right now is basically whispering into an empty room. Don't expect to get a reply from any of these former forum members.
0 Replies

Dakotawarren

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 02:53 pm
@loridreams,
Hi, this is Lori's son Dakota. I'm interested in learning about lori's sister in Mexico. Please email me at [email protected] thank you!
0 Replies

babzacious

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 03:27 am
@drselig,
hello if you are still looking for information on her i was her neighbor as a child and the last person to speak to her before her unfortunate passing i have a few details if u would like to contact me please to so privately at [email protected] as i would prefer not to speak openly and put the subject as lori stanley thanks alot btw my name is babz
0 Replies

Kristy L

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 08:40 am
@connie stanley,
Hi Connie!
Lori was my cousin too. Her mom and my mom are sisters. I have been researching the our family tree and have found some really cool stuff I would like to share with er sons. Please email me at [email protected]
0 Replies