Gilbert Bria's Paintings

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:40 pm
I have an oil on canvas that is approximately 30"x24" signed in the lower right corner G. Bria. It is similar in subject matter to his "Ships of Fantasy" or "Marine II" but is a night scene. Mostly greenish background with black and gray coastline and ships. What is the title of this work and approximate value?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 6,941 • Replies: 4
No top replies

kazecc

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 12:41 pm
@gottalottadogs,
I also have what sounds like the same painting on canvas did you get any responce on your question as I have been unable to find anything out on mine? Best regards Karen
0 Replies

Gantor5000

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2016 02:05 pm
Gilbert Bria is one of the most talented painters who's artwork is still affordable you will find but it won't stay that way as just recently his painting have really went up in value.You can see what his previous painting sold for which wasn't a lot of money but look at the year they were sold.2006 and 2009.If you have one of his paintings that's in good condition I would hang on to it as in another 10 to 15 years the value on his artwork especially his ships will triple in value.I had some painting by Gianni from the 1890's I almost sold 20 years ago but I had a feeling like a good investment they would go up in value and did they ever.Bria's ship painting depending on there size start at around $1500 now and I seen one that just sold at auction for $5100.The only thing that could hurt the value of your painting is if it's one of his darker ones with ships at night.These are not as desirable as the ones that have the reflections on the water with a glow to them in the background.Still I would hang on to any Bria paintings as there quality artwork.
0 Replies

KELVTAY

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 03:03 pm
I have a G. BRIA painting signed and titled " Morning Light" need authenticate whether it missing original or a reproduction.
Mame

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 06:23 pm
@KELVTAY ,
take it to an auction house or art dealer or museum.
0 Replies