Curry and curries, comfort and wake up.

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:47 am
@BorisKitten,
BorisKitten wrote:

Well, that's amazing Walter (at least to me).

Am I the only person who thinks the photo has little curried penises in there, all cooked up and red? Dang, that's gross.

Still I really dislike German food. Must be just me.

I looked at those photos, and I may never eat again.

Shocked

Oh the horror.
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 11:51 am
@ossobuco,
I had it wrong it was actually today's lunch and I'm eating it right now. I had some lamb curry - not spicy enough, but I liked the chicken tamadoro (sp?) and tried some mango chutney - yummy and flat bread - the chicken dish and chutney was the best.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 12:03 pm
@BorisKitten,
BorisKitten wrote:
Still I pop some el cheapo curry powder into all kinds of things: spaghetti sauce, bean/rice dishes, salads, you name it! Good on frozen pizza too.

do you at least know to cook the curry powder before blending it into anything else?
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 01:53 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
I looked at those photos, and I may never eat again.

Laughing
Funny I didn't see any women in that second (restaurant) photo. Do you think only males in business suits want to eat little curried penises?
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
do you at least know to cook the curry powder before blending it into anything else?

Um, NO. Sorry.

I was in a health food store today, and came across a little jar of curry paste. First ingredient was chili peppers.

The crap, I mean curry powder, I buy is called "Badia" brand, made in Miami (I'm in Florida).

Ingredients are: Turmeric, Coriander, Cumin, Fenugreek, Black Pepper, Ginger, Mustard, Fennel Seed, Allspice, and Red Pepper.

I've probably committed some sort of Culinary Crime for sprinkling this stuff, instead of salt, on all sorts of foods.

I should be Severely Fined, or at least Roundly Chastised, for these actions, don't you think?

Well, I live in a 29-yr-old trailer. What else would you expect?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:03 pm
@BorisKitten,
ack!

the curry powder needs to be cooked before it is included with any other ingredients - otherwise the flavour will not develop properly
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:08 pm
@BorisKitten,
BorisKitten wrote:

Funny I didn't see any women in that second (restaurant) photo. Do you think only males in business suits want to eat little curried penises?

The proprietor is a lady - and since it's situated really in the bank/administraion district ...

These little penises are sausages (I'm not aware that they made really very larger anywhere else) - the Nuremberg kind is smaller )but you can't use them for curry sausages.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:11 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

ack!

the curry powder needs to be cooked before it is included with any other ingredients - otherwise the flavour will not develop properly

It needs to be cooked, indeed, .... until you smaell the flavour (which may last differently, whatever mixture you get).
0 Replies

doorsmad

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 01:27 am
@ossobuco,
My curry base , add any form of meat for your likeing , ingedient's are as follow's , onion celery garlic , parsley patatoe's cumin seed's pepper corn's tumeric madras curry powder tomatoe , carrot , and rice . TO COOK fry onion diced and celery pepper garlic cummin for 10 min sit aside in bowl , then in the pan ad meat and exta oil fry with alittle more garlic and lime juice add curry powder and some wine cook till brown and tender , in a seperatesauspan boil patatoes and carrot with a smidge of salt and curry powder and tummeric till half done , know in a large sauspan combine all ingredient's and simmer for 2 hours wth curry powder to taste and extra season , serve with rice thicken dish with flour and milk .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 02:32 pm
a wonderful story about the travels of curry

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/04/08/473376519/from-india-to-north-korea-via-japan-currys-global-journey
ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 02:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Will read..
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 03:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Ditto.

Curry.

Num num num....
0 Replies

ossobuco