NEED HELP IN CHINESE CALLIGRAPHY

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 12:24 pm
I want to do an illustration for a gardener friend of ours, and in it I want to place a CHinese caaligraphy banner wgich states

"PLANTS DIE, sometimes its your fault, sometimes its not"

Any help would be appreciated.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,548 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Francis

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 12:40 pm
FM, it shouldn't be difficult but, if you don't mind my telling you, your text is not
exempt of errors as to be translated properly.

If "plants die, sometimes it's your fault, sometimes it's
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 01:38 pm
@Francis,
thank you Francis. Im always amazed at accomplishments of our members. I worked in China for several years (months at a time) and I only was mediocre in my language skills. I NEVER learned to write the Script using the brushwork although I always was asking staffers to prepare calligraphy banners for tercolors that I did for friends and clients.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 01:39 pm
@Francis,
Psst, Im going to copy this for my painting and add ot from top to bottom. Is this one written left to right?
Francis

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 01:47 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, same as in English..
0 Replies

westwind

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 08:42 am
@westwind,
Thank you, what was the difference between yours and the one above it?
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
候却不是 this is mine.
farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
You didnt add irony guy to your answer. I apologize for my question, I was interested in the substantive character differences in meanings.
0 Replies

westwind

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:43 am
@farmerman,
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 06:16 am
@westwind,
Excellent. I want to put those on tee shirts for my wifes garden club. Could you give me afairly correct englishmeaning of the calligraphy?

I think they look superb and will provide the ladies with something to think about.
westwind

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:01 am
@farmerman,
roger

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:30 pm
@westwind,
Glad to see you have joined, westwind. I'll be looking forward to more of your interesting posts.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:51 pm
@westwind,
WSorry to bother you again. However , which of the characters actually say "Plants Die" I want to put those characters on top and then the rest.

Also, I too want to welcome you to A2K.
westwind

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:43 pm
@farmerman,
i am glad to do this for you. “植物”means 'plants',“死”means 'die',and “植物死了”means 'plants die'. if you have any other question, dont be hesitate to ‘bother’ me. #^_^#
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:52 pm
@westwind,
Thank you . I will be doing the "plants die" line in larger red characters and the "sometimes its your fault, sometimes its not" in smaller black characters underneath. Does that appear correct?

Youve been a big help. When I get the characters in a format, Ill post them so everybody can see.

Thanks again to Francis and Westwind for the characters
westwind

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 01:27 am
@farmerman,
yes , it is right.but the colors and sizes of the characters depend on waht part of the sentence you want to emphasize.that is to say, it will be appropriate to do the "plants die" line in larger red characters , if you want to emphasize 'death 'of plants.
0 Replies