Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:23 pm
Do you have to be a lawyer to be a gaurdian ad litem in the state of Nebraska?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,252 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:29 pm
This may help you some

It appears that you may have to be an attorney since attorneys have to complete a course to work as guardian ad litems.

Following a link from that page, I found this
A. In accordance with the Nebraska Juvenile Code, specifically Neb. Rev. Stat. ยง 43-272(3), only a lawyer duly licensed by the Supreme Court of Nebraska may be appointed to serve as a guardian ad litem for a juvenile.
Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:29 pm
Although Florida doesn't require GAL's to be attorneys, it looks like Nebraska does.

0 Replies
Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:30 pm
oops...ya got me!
0 Replies

Related Topics

nobody respects an oath breaker - Discussion by gungasnake
Is taking his picture legal? - Question by aquestion
FOOD NAZI'S SUFFER STUNNING DEFEAT! - Discussion by hawkeye10
Amanda Knox - Discussion by ossobuco
JPMorgan Chase Civil Settlement - Discussion by jcboy
The Trial that JUST WON'T END - Question by michellesings
Can babies be a crime scene? - Question by boomerang
  1. Forums
  2. » Guardian ad litem
Copyright © 2015 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 07/04/2015 at 10:23:59