Twilight: The Worst Successful Film Ever

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 05:28 am
to be honest i loved the books but the film was utterly terrible i had high hopes but it totally failed yet it still raked in awards please tell me hate this film more than me coz it has spawned obessed fan girls and there is no way robert pattinson is hot hes fugly thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,569 • Replies: 13
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 05:34 am
i'm confused, so being killed by voldemort made him a vampire?, and why did he change his name from cedric to edward?
chrissyf

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 05:44 am
@djjd62,
voldemort is harry potter and twilight is a film/book about a girl who falls in love with a vampire Smile and his name the vampire is edward cullen
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 05:58 am
as an adult, i haven't been able to get into the twilight books (i realize they aren't written for me, but as an adult i quite enjoyed the harry potter series), and as for the movie, some good effects, but nothing to get to excited about

mismi

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:31 am
@djjd62,
Didge, Didge, Didge....Wink

The books were better than the movie. But that is usually the way it goes. The movie definitely lacked something vital in my opinion. But Robert Pattinson is a cute fellow, I think. My problem with him in the movie is he acts like a 17 year old in a 17 year old body instead of a 110 year old in a 17 year old body. It didn't sit right.
djjd62

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:36 am
@mismi,
i listened to about half the first book, and couldn't get into it, i didn't feel like i was too old to read the book, i felt like i wasn't the right gender, i didn't get this feeling with the harry potter series

mismi

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:42 am
@djjd62,
That's understandable...I think it is a girl book. It seems to appeal to the women though...from tweens all the way up to - well - my age Wink -maybe even further. I read all four. The first and the third were my favorite.

Personally Didge - I would have been surprised if you enjoyed them. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:54 am
@mismi,
Yeah. I haven't read the books (even though several of my friends have, and recommend them). I haven't seen the movie (ditto). But Robert Pattinson is everywhere (tabloids, websites) and he's mighty nice-lookin'.
mismi

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:59 am
@sozobe,
Oh yeah...he's nice on the eyes.
mismi

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 07:38 am
@mismi,
Stephanie Meyer has a new book coming out that is written from Edward's point of view - called Midnight Sun. She had it on her website - several chapters up until a week or so ago I guess...Then she was saying it had been stolen and she wasn't going to finish it - and would just post what she had on her website...apparently it was just a tease. I figured when the book stopped at the chapter where all the action started that she was setting a hook!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:20 am
Quote:
Twilight: The Worst Successful Film Ever

Obviously you've never seen Independence Day.

And let's not forget Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
mismi

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:24 am
@joefromchicago,
yeah....Independence Day tweren't that great. I never saw any of the Transformer movies though. I am sure there are many sucky successful films...no accounting for taste. Wink

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 09:50 am
@mismi,
Thus saith Roger Ebert:

Quote:
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

It gets worse.
0 Replies

chrissyf

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 10:35 am
@joefromchicago,
yeah tranformers 2 sucked balls i fell asleep in the pictures watchin it haha and what is the point of megan fox being in the film ok shes eye candy but she doesnt do anything particualry interesting
0 Replies