1970s cocktail culture

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 09:31 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
my hair was too heavy for a 'fro, but I had one hell of a serious perm back in the day. Needed it to hold the polyester flower that went with my special disco outfit. White wide leg pants and a white shiny turtleneck under a very tight red and white striped dress.

ack

Me too, ehBeth -- unfortunately that didn't stop me...
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:10 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
.............The Studio 54 stuff is perfect! Too funny. If my friend serves enough cocaine she won't have to worry about serving food!

The first time I was invited by friends with a chalet in Denver for Christmas I asked them if there's snow; they said there's snow in Denver winter and summer. I couldn't understand why the other people around started laughing, because the only reason I asked was to know if I should bring my skis. Until quite an advanced age I had no idea that cocaine was actually illegal.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 03:21 pm
@High Seas,
Ok, that made me laugh.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 03:37 pm
@ossobuco,
My husband and I married in 1979, in a wedding chapel on Lincoln Boulevard in Santa Monica. There were six of us there with the JP or whatever you'd call her, including my husband and me. A friend, er, my maid of honor, took a terrible polaroid photo of us, which I might manage to post. Hmm, maybe I could get dys to post it, as I'm still sans scanner.

Anyway, John was wearing his newly purchased John Travolta type white suit... and I was wearing a black tux skirt suit (on sale at Saks for $75.00). This was in January, but California January. What a sparklingly attired couple, laughs, but the chinese restaurant (the name will come back to me, not the Shanghai Winter Garden) didn't care.
0 Replies