collapsed lung

kambal

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 12:53 am
my daughter who is 16 year old diagnosed with collapsed lung we found out that during the opening of this school year because in their school they required to have x-ray and we found out the result her lung collapsed and we consulted a doctor a pulmonary expert and they told us that my daughter need to be injected a pneumonia injection that was for the period of 5 years and another one is yearly and some medicine for Anti- TB my question is that posible for my daughter that during her elementary days she aquired a primary complex and that was treaten already my daughter take her medicine for 6 mos only but the doctor now who was in charge for my daughter maybe it was not healed totally during those period the primary complex of my daughter and the question if it was a chance to heal the collapsed lung the case of my daughter?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,318 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 03:54 am
@kambal,
Have you spoken with your daughter's pediatrician?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:25 am
@kambal,
You are saying that your daughter had a collapsed lung and the treatment was a pneumonia shot? That doesn't even make sense to me.

There are various reasons a lung can collapse and there are varying degrees of how much of the lung is actually collapsed. Depending on that is how doctors treat the collapse of a lung. I have never heard of treating a collapsed lung with a shot until your post. Are you sure you understood the doctors correctly?
0 Replies