This is totally my last post!

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:01 am
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Fence_PostRailFences1-1.jpg

From now on its contractors only.

Have you ever completed what in hindsight, should have been left for someone else?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 1,748 • Replies: 17
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:35 am
well, the house didn't turn out exactly like i'd hoped

http://xenophilius.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/upside-down-house-11.jpg

but it does get peoples attention
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:59 am
@Tryagain,
Yeah, I hear ya!

This renovation job that my brothers and I started, should have been left to professionals.

http://onsmartpages.com/weilhammerplumbingco/nss-folder/pictures/009_220-230V1X.jpg

That's me on the phone calling someone in.
mismi

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 12:51 pm
@Reyn,
That electric fence I put up jolted my heart a few times...I probably should have gotten someone who understood about grounding...

the other day I saw an inch worm on it. I kept trying to figure out why he was not getting fried. I decided to pick him up and move him before he did and as I got shocked I remembered that I was touching the ground....and the wire. Ow. And I think I killed the inch worm. I couldn't find him. Ew.
JPB

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 01:09 pm
@mismi,
Ok, miss mis. Thank you for my laugh of the day.

Sorry you got electrocuted for the benefit of my mood, but I DO appreciate the effort.

As to leaving something to professionals... Mr B and I decided to wall paper the nursery before K was born. Neither of us had ever wall papered before. This isn't something two people should do together and think they're going to remain on speaking terms by the end of the day.
mismi

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 01:13 pm
@JPB,
Wall paper is a booger JPB...

no worries - it probably would have been even funnier had you been watching like the kids...they really thought it was funny.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 02:03 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Have you ever completed what in hindsight, should have been left for someone else?

No, I've always had to call for help
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 04:11 pm
@Tryagain,
If this isnt a joke to confuse us into thinking that you are dropping off A2K and then show a fence job for a laugh., I must say that, if you installed that fence, YOU ARE A FENCING PROFESSIONAL. That fence is great, you hadda have a very expensive fence setter and pounder tool on your tractor to get the uprights so even and strait.

EXCELLENT!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 04:12 pm
@Tryagain,
I hope you have wiore on the top of the fence boards, the horses will eat the PVC if you dont.
mismi

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 06:47 am
@farmerman,
Horses eat PVC? Why is that? To wear their teeth down?

I think I forgot that.

I got up on the roof and fixed a leak. I am pretty sure someone else should have done that.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 08:05 am
where's the fence pic! This I gotta see
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 03:37 pm
Oh DP, how nice to see you come and visit, what with you being a professional woodsman anall.

May I draw your attention to the wise words of Mr nice guy Farmerman; if there is anyone who knows a thing or two about a class job, it is he.

Quote Farmerman: YOU ARE A FENCING PROFESSIONAL. That fence is great, you hadda have a very expensive fence setter and pounder tool on your tractor to get the uprights so even and strait.
EXCELLENT!!

I have my suspicion that the powers that be; namely the A2k inquisition removed the work of art, jealous of the praised heaped upon its creator. Unbeknown to the authorities I have another copy which I reproduce for your enjoyment.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Olebackyardfencecirca1952.jpg

Have a coldie on me…
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 03:43 pm
@Tryagain,
Sly dog, that's a different fence. Methinks the person whose photo it actually was took the first photo down...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 04:55 pm
@Tryagain,
How's the weather in Chicago?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 06:10 pm
Osso; your perception does you great credit; there is nothing wrong with your eyesight. Lol.

Beth, in answer to your question:
Whether the weather be fine,
Or whether the weather be not
No matter the weather;
We’ll weather the weather,
Whether it be fine or not.

Belated congrats on you new job…Way to go girl.

Ps. Light rain " but sunny tomorrow.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 06:27 pm
@Tryagain,
You're pulling m'leg, sly dog, as it was obvious. August in Chicago.. August here in SandTown. Well, you guys have the lake.
roger

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 08:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, the uh, new fence doesn't lack for character.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 09:07 pm
@roger,
Fences and neighbors, another whole subject..

I've designed dozens and dozens, maybe even hundreds. Still interested in all the back and forth. At my own house in Venice, we had a look through window to each others' back doors, which also worked as a talk through... a mild burglar modification, but really more social.
0 Replies