How do i find my father, i have never met?

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 03:47 am
im Carolyn Davis. well im 15 years old, turning 16 in august When i was born my dad was there for a while i think, but then he left. I want to find him to ask him questions. but i dont know how to find him. It sucks growin up wit out a father sometimes, when u see friends haning out wit there dads and i cant do that cuz he left.....i need to find him. but i dont know how to find him. i only know his name, dont know where he lives or anything.....so i need help. finding him would mean alot. im not exactly sure why but it would.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 16,226 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 03:59 am
@carolyn200374,
Have you spoken with your mother? She might know a few things, like older addresses, the full names of his parents (even if they're no longer alive, that could still help), etc.
carolyn200374

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 04:06 am
@jespah,
She wouldnt understand, i doubt she would tell me anything.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 06:29 am
@carolyn200374,
Maybe it's too painful for your mother to talk about the relationship. Have you told her how you feel? Have you asked her what would she think if you tried to contact your father? If she is against it, I think you might have to wait until you are a little older (say 18) and then start a more serious search. You are not alone in feeling the way you do. We get many young people arriving on this forum to ask the same question. I hope some men out there will read this and not make the mistake of thinking it's no big deal to make a child and then walk out their life. I think they do not understand the hurt they cause. I hope it all works out well for you.

If his name is not too common, you might be able to find him through this site:

http://www.zabasearch.com/
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 06:34 am
@carolyn200374,
I agree with what's been posted so far. That said, some key information that can significantly help your search: Your father's full name, Social Security number, his birthdate, a previous address (might be the same as one of yours), information about his parents or siblings.

PS: Please don't go around providing your name and age on chat boards for your own security. We'll help without knowing that.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 06:39 am
@carolyn200374,
It occurred to me that if your father was around for your birth his social security number is probably on your birth certificate. Everyone should have a copy of their birth certificate. You can get a copy by contacting the hospital where you were born. It's fairly easy to find someone if you have their social security because you use it to get a job and pay taxes.
0 Replies

edlinisthename

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:06 am
@carolyn200374,
I went through the same thing...I never met my father and my mom never talked about him...when I started getting curious she would try to avoid the conversation until I finally got the nerve and told her that I wanted to get in touch with him...I didn't think she would understand....I thought she would get mad at me or think that I was betraying her but she didn't...she perfectly understood my feelings...and she promised to help me with my search.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:04 pm
@carolyn200374,
Carolyn for starts, you run his name through the online white pages for telephone numbers which will indicate age and what state they live in. Then contact the driver license bureau.

Bug mom about his birth date. Tell her you would like to have his astrological chart done.

I found someone that way.
0 Replies

djchefdan

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 10:35 am
@carolyn200374,
hi im daniel i want to give you some information that might help you .start with his name.date of birth.age when hes married .your mom is probibly in pain to think about it.its your wright to know best of luck.
0 Replies