Sarah Palin thinks David Letterman is a meanie and a creep

Yankee

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 07:03 am
http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/2009/06/letterman_versus_palin_ziiiinn.html

Are children of public figures fair game?

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 07:17 am
@Yankee,

Fair Game???

http://www.usmagazine.com/files/obama-girls-b.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 08:03 am
@Yankee,
Quote:
Nothing like a nice little fight to enliven a summer afternoon.

Sarah Palin thinks David Letterman is a meanie and a creep...Maybe worse.

From Palin, via Facebook:

"Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands " that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.'"

Palin's claiming Dave was talking about her fourteen year old. Or...was he talking about Bristol, who's eighteen?

Letterman starts taping in just about an hour.

Will he address this? We await...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He did address it. In fact, he read both her and her dumb piece of **** husband's ridiculous comments about the jokes (both of them accusing him of joking about A-Rod raping her fourteen-year-old daughter, which is not even true), and then he read the jokes again, and said he agreed with them that jokes about their fourteen-year-old daughter would be horrible and wrong and not funny, and that he didnt' do that and never would.

He was joking about her eighteen-year-old daughter getting knocked up. And...um...correct me if I'm wrong...didn't she actually get knocked up last year? Then Kathy Griffin was on later as a guest and she called Palin a moron and her husband a tool. I totally agree. Palin's an idiot, and she should do like that other dumb **** republican moron George W. Bush is doing and just quietly fade into obscurity.
Yankee

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 08:07 am
@kickycan,
So you would agree that children of public officials are fair game.

Why do you think the children of public officials should be the butt of jokes?
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 08:22 am
@kickycan,
FYI, You are wrong about that, not that it matters to this questions.

(both of them accusing him of joking about A-Rod raping her fourteen-year-old daughter, which is not even true

http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=lettman%2Cpalin%20daughter&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 08:24 am
@Yankee,
No, I'm right about that. I'll get back to you later on this, since I have to get to work.
Yankee

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 08:32 am
@kickycan,
Again, this is not relevant to the initial question, but you will need to explain his quote from the tape "...her daughter getting knocked up by A-Rod...".

Given her 14 year old daughter was the only child to accompany her to the game, at that age, suggesting sex with a minor would be rape.

So please explain both, why are children of public figures fair game as well as the Letterman comment, when you get a moment.
kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 09:32 am
@Yankee,
It doesn't matter which daughter was at the game with her, I'm sure he wasn't privy to which family members were going to that game, and most people wouldn't have known that either. This, combined with the fact that her older daughter was knocked up already should have made it obvious who he was referring to. This, plus common sense, of which none of the people in that family seem to have much.

But I was wrong about one thing. It was only the idiot tool husband who actually used the word "rape", so I was incorrect saying they both accused him of making a rape joke. It was only the male tool in the family, technically.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 09:36 am
I agree with Sarah Palin on this one (and I don't agree with Sarah Palin on much).

This joke was tasteless. Comedians should stay away from kids of celebreties (and it doesn't matter to me which daughter the joke was aimed at). This was a disgusting joke that shouldn't have been made.

For the record, Letterman kind of apologized for it.

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 09:39 am
The fact that Letterman is still telling jokes about Palin speaks to the comedic drought he's experienced for about a decade now.

People stopped giving a **** about Palin 7 months ago.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 09:40 am
@Yankee,
Nah, you're not a right-winger at all. You just post right-wing stuff a lot.

Cycloptichorn
JPB

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:03 am
The joke was out of line.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:07 am
Fortunately, i don't believe i've watched Letterman in 20 years. So for me, the amusement comes from contemplating this particular tempest in a teapot in its implications about whose ox has been gored.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:10 am
Who gives a **** about a joke? It isn't as if it actually matters at the end of the day.

When Palin made her kids an issue, she opened them up to this crap; now they get to live with it. Let it be a lesson to moralizing right-wing politicians - sometimes your plans backfire on you.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:24 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Are children of public figures fair game?

If those public figures put their children on show, abso-dang-lutely.

Don't put your kids on the stage if you've got an issue with them getting public attention.
Debra Law

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:41 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Nah, you're not a right-winger at all. You just post right-wing stuff a lot.

Cycloptichorn

I suspect that Yankee and Foxfyre are the same person, if not, however, then I suspect they are collaborating behind the scenes in private IMs.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:53 am
@Debra Law,

Shocked It's a vast left wing conspiracy!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:59 am

Let's face it, if Letterman or any other comedian said anything similar about the Obama daughters
it would be labeled "Hate Speech" and who ever uttered the "joke" would be attacked by the media.
Gargamel

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 11:15 am
@H2O MAN,
No, let's not face it.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 11:27 am
@Gargamel,

Face it, liberals tend look the other way...
0 Replies