DC Shooting at Holocaust Museum

Foofie

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 07:30 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Merry Andrew wrote:

NPR reports that that's official now. The guard died.
I think he is also african-american, perhaps jewish or catholic, maybe even part hispanic. He was freakin' doomed. This land was made for white protestants.

However, the white Protestants wanted to move up a rung on their make believe social ladder, so they had to let ethnics in to do the work and help with planning, so the white Protestants would have enough time to go to the club. Sociologically speaking, upper-class white Protestants often are "affiliation oriented," rather "achievement oriented." Being in the right club, college, corporation, etc., is often more important than what is accomplished in life. And then they may belly ache about not having a good enough legacy! But, white Protestants often do look good in a suit.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 08:16 pm
the two most notable aspects if this story are 1) that an 88 year old was this angry and 2) that there is very little society can do to punish this guy or to discourage other old people from following his example. We can take a couple years of life, a couple years of freedom, that is all, and that ain't much.
kuvasz

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:07 pm
@farmerman,
how did a convicted federal felon acquire a firearm?
Diest TKO

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:47 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

how did a convicted federal felon acquire a firearm?

There are many ways. The one way I'd be most concerned with is if he was given the gun for the explicit purpose of committing this crime. That would make this a conspired effort.

So I haven't heard. The guy is still alive in the hospital?

T
K
O
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 11:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

the two most notable aspects if this story are 1) that an 88 year old was this angry and 2) that there is very little society can do to punish this guy or to discourage other old people from following his example. We can take a couple years of life, a couple years of freedom, that is all, and that ain't much.

I'm thinking it would be a most wonderful idea if people of color and non-white ethnicity were to donate their blood to James Von Brunn while he attempts to survive the consequences of his killing of the security guard at the Holocaust Memorial Museum.

It would be a most fitting response if this man's life was saved by the diversity of blood donated to him.
ossobuco

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 11:15 pm
@Butrflynet,
Wackos do come in all ages..

It must be hard for security guards, even very well trained guards. They, like the rest of us, scan and presuppose, while being aware danger can come from the unlikely - and be at the ready, all the time they're on duty.

I feel for the guard, his family, and the guard community.

As for the hate in this act, I don't really have words.
0 Replies